Forgiven

"Okay toots, we're here." Angel said as he guided me to our final location. In which again I couldn't see because of this stupid ass cone. But as I smelled the familiar scent of alcohol, I wanted to turn around and run away.

As I felt Angel stopping, I pulled my paw away from him. My paw was shaking like crazy.

"Toots, are you okay?" he asked me.

I shook my hand. "I'm... I'm not ready Angel. I'm not ready to face Husky. I've treated him like absolute shit."

"We're right at his door. Nifty told me that he's awake. He's hit his head pretty badly."

Hearing Angel say that made me feel really bad. "I don't want to go through this. He probably doesn't want to see me."

"He probably might."

"No... I shouldn't bother him."

"No. You're gonna go in there and say you're sorry."

I sighed. "Okay. But you check on him first."

"Why?"

"Just tell him I'm right outside. After you're done talking to him, then you can get me. Okay?"

"Okay. Stay."

I sat down on the carpet floor. "Okay. I'm staying."

"Good girl." Angel said as I heard his footsteps disappearing and the door being closed.

As I was waiting for Angel to come back for me. I was doing my breathing exercises so that way I can relax before I encounter Husk. After I was fully relaxed, I decided to sing a song.

"🎵~Kiss me, hold me that feeling is holy~ Nobody's loved me like you~🎶" I sung my heart out.

"Hey toots. That's my song you're singing."

I gasped and blushed. "Sorry Angel. I didn't hear you coming back." I blushed. "My singing sounded bad, didn't it?" I asked him.

"No way. That was actually really good." Angel said as I felt his hand on my arms.

"Really?"

"Yeah." he said as he helped me off the carpet. "Your voice sounds like the angels in Heaven."

"Aww Angel, you're making me blush." I giggled as I was really blushing behind the cone.

He chuckled. "So, are you ready for Husk?"

"Yes. I'm ready."

"Okay. Here we go." Angel said as I heard him open the door. "Straight ahead."

I nodded and walked slowly ahead. As I was walking, I heard Husk chuckling softly. It distracted me and I turned which made me collide with a wall. "Oof, godammit. Um Angel, help."

Angel laughed. "Sorry toots."

I felt Angel guide me to where I'm supposed to stand at. My ears perked up as I heard Husk's soft chuckles. "Oh boy." I whimpered and blushed in embarrassment yet again.

"I can't help it." Husk said.

"Hope nobody puts it on social. I'll go bananas. And I swear if Vox sees me like this and puts me on the media, I'll tear his circuits apart." I growled softly.

"Don't worry. No phones were pulled out today. I can promise you that bestie." Angel said.

"Okay. Thank god. I'm... I'm ready to talk." I said softly as I held my own tail. I knew that this isn't gonna be very easy on me.

"Okay." Husk said. "What do you have to say?"

"I'm... I'm really really really really REALLY sorry. For everything Husker." I said.

"Angel told me that you bit Alastor at his hand. Is that right?"

"Huh? Umm yeah. He didn't taste very good though. He tasted like old people socks."

He chuckled softly. "I forgive you."

"Wait what?"

"Since you bit him for me, I forgive you."

I couldn't believe it! He forgave me just like that? There was something I wasn't getting. "Wait what? But, I wasn't finished yet. I had to think about my apologies for everybody in that deadly sponge room!"

"I've always wanted to bite Alastor, but I couldn't."

I took out some papers from my chest fur. "So I wrote this 3 page apology letter for nothing?"

"You really did that in there toots?" Angel asked me.

"Yeah. Oh well, I can't read it to you anyway. Cone of Shame here." I laughed nervously. "But overall, I was a very anxious complicated angry overdramatized bitchy shitty ass motherfucking loser. With trauma."

"Hey, she called herself a loser. Like us Husk!" Angel laughed.

"Hehe... yeah. We'll teach her the song later after I get better." Husk said.

"Aww guys. But anyway, why did you forgive me so fast after I bit Alastor?" I asked Husk.

"Yeah. Why don't you like him Husk? He seems like a nice guy." Angel said.

"It's because of him... I can't say anything nice at all." Husk said.

My ears perked up at that. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Ohh... I see now. So it's sort of like a contract. It's like the one I got with under Valentino's name. There are some contracts that can't make you say anything." Angel explained.

I gasped at that.

"Exactly. And that's why I can't say anything because of this damn curse..." Husk said.

"A curse? From who??" I asked him.

"Aqua, remember when I said I sold my soul to Valentino?" Angel asked me.

"Yeah." I nodded.

"Well, there are certain things I have to do for him when I'm in the studio. So in Husker's case, his contract is not allowing him to say it."

"Yep. Pretty much..." Husk said softly.

I couldn't believe my ears. All this time Husker was placed with a curse upon him. The poor kitty cat was suffering. And all that time we've been together and he was getting moody all the time, that wasn't really his fault. It was the fault of the curse he was cast upon.

"That is awful. I am so so sorry that you have to suffer like this. And I didn't even know this at all." I said with a worried tone.

"I'll be fine. As long as I don't piss them off." he groaned in pain. "Fuck."

"Does it hurt?"

"A little."

"Why didn't you use your lucky charm? You know my scales can heal you with water."

"Oh, that's what I forgot to do."

"That's okay Husk. We all forget sometimes."

"Yeah."

"Angel can you get some water for Husk? So we can use the scale to heal him?" I asked him.

"I gotcha toots. I have water right here." Angel said.

I still couldn't see that much, but I know Angel was taking care of him by the sounds of it.

"There we go. All done." Angel said as I heard him cleaning up.

"Whoa. That feels pretty weird, but good at the same time." Husk said.

"That's what happens when you're friends with a mermaid." I giggled softly.

"Hehe yeah."

"So... are we on good terms now Husk?" I asked him slightly.

"Yeah. We're cool Aqua." Husk said as I felt his paw on mine.

I sighed in relief and wagged my tail with a red blush on my face. I was relieved that Husker accepted my apology, even though it was forgiven thanks to my bite to Alastor's hand. What a hell of a world I'm living in now.