07. Pack Mentality

Derek is continuing to fill up his tank, trying to act as though he's unbothered, but it's obvious that he's on guard with the Hunters who have just surrounded him. He has Argent in front of them, and two other Hunters leaning against the silver SUV behind the trio as well.

After a moment, he removes the pump from his gas tank and returns it to the holder, closing the lid on his gas tank, which is when Argent decides to strike up his conversation.

"Nice ride!" Argent stated as he walked toward him, trailing his fingertips across the hood of Derek's Camaro and Kimber gripped Derek's free hand tightly, feeling her older brother tensing up.

"Black cars, though..." Argent reaches out and rubbed a non-existent smudge off of the hood with his thumb, clearly trying to intimidate Derek. "Very hard to keep clean." Argent glanced at him with a familiar head tilt. "I would definitely suggest a little more maintenance."

Derek watches Argent with a blank expression as he goes to the side of the gas pump and grabs the complimentary windshield wiper cleaner and squeegee, flicking it to get the excess cleaning fluid off of it. "If you have something this nice, you want to take care of it, right?" Argent starts to clean off Derek's windshield as he continues talking in a light-hearted but still, an unmistakably threatening voice. "Personally... I'm very protective of the things I love. But that's something I learned from my family."

Derek continues to watch Argent warily as he cleans his windshield, while Kimber was tucked into his side and Jimmy was getting back into the car at a subtle flick of his fingers from Derek and he was getting into the passenger seat of the vehicle. "And you don't have much of that these days..." Argent finishes his work and looks at Derek with a pointed, barely-concealed smug expression. "Do you?"

Derek's left hand clenches into a fist under the long sleeve of his black leather jacket, which doesn't escape Argent's notice.

The Hunter watches Derek, seemingly expecting a fight, but after a moment, Derek releases his fist, his fingernails still blunt and human. Argent nods, pleased that this conversation didn't escalate, and returns the squeegee to its holder.

"There we go. You can actually look through your windshield now." Argent swiftly gestures toward the windshield for emphasis. "See how that makes everything so much clearer?" At the words, Kimber was looking at Derek, who was silently staring blankly ahead at Argent.

Argent's fake smile finally falls into a threatening sneer, and he stares at Derek for a long moment before he determines that his message has been successfully delivered. He then turns and walks back to his car, the other Hunters following suit to get back to their own car.

However, Derek, unable to help himself, finally speaks up in a sarcastic tone of voice. "You forgot to check the oil." Jimmy was looking over at Derek with a "what the hell was that for" expression on his face as Derek continued to silently watch Argent.

Argent stops walking, his back still turned to Derek, and he smiles, pleased that he clearly seemed to have gotten to Derek in a way. He then turns back and nods quickly towards one of his Hunter companions.

"Check the man's oil." The shorter of the two Hunters reluctantly walks over to Derek's car, with Derek watching intently the entire time. However, instead of walking around the front of the car to pop the hood, the Hunter stops at the driver's side door and grabs a semi-automatic gun that was concealed on his side, hidden from Derek.

The hunter quickly uses the butt of the gun to smash the driver's side window, sending the glass everywhere as Jimmy held up his hands to shield his eyes and his face, before he was looking over at Argent."Looks good to me." He said and Jimmy was looking at his arms silently.