42. Fireflies

Boyd and Cora were forced to shift by the moon, their control being overpowered as they snarled and charged at them quickly.

Kimber lunged for Cora with a silent and upset fury, who was roaring at her. Kimber was trying to avoid hurting her older sister, who was only a year older but it still hurt as she was forced to attack her, because of the combination of the full moon overhead and the alpha's antics.

"Cora, Boyd! Stop it!" Jimmy was barely upright and silently, he was standing in the doorway, holding his hand against his side.

The two werewolves were throwing him backwards, after Allison had broken down the seal and Jimmy staggered.

Kimber ran to Jimmy, throwing her arms around him in a tight hug. "Ow, hey." Jimmy said as he was half-returning the hug. "Can you let go of me?" Jimmy asked and Kimber let him go, before she was shaking her head at him. "I'm all right, just a little beat up."

"Where's Erica?" Derek asked softly and Jimmy was looking at him, before Jimmy limped over to the supply closet and Derek was following him.

Jimmy opened the supply closet and Derek stopped at the sight of the body. "I tried to get everybody out, I tried to fight. I got Erica to help me but..." Jimmy's tears ran down his face. "Derek, it is my fault that she's dead."

"No." Derek murmured quietly as he was turning to look at him. "It's not your fault, Jimmy. It's mine." He said and Jimmy winced, before Derek gently moved one of his arms around him.

Jimmy could feel his pain going away as Derek hugged him, before Jimmy closed his eyes for a moment. "I'm sorry Jimmy, that we didn't find you sooner." Derek murmured and Jimmy was shaking his head, before he was looking over at the body.

"Hey guys, sorry I'm..." Casey stopped dead at the sight of them. Derek was holding the dead body of Erica in his arms, Jimmy was being supported by Kimber and they were all bloodied and clawed up. "...Late." Casey finished quietly and Derek looked at her.

"Casey Branson, meet Jimmy Carson. One druid to the other." Derek murmured quietly and Casey glanced at Jimmy, who nodded at her. "We are going to need some help with this, Casey." Derek said and she nodded.

"I'll get you back to the loft first, Jimmy. I'll grab more of my gear and meet you out in the woods, all right?" Casey said and then Jimmy was nodding, while Derek agreed silently.

"You have no intention of taking me back to the loft, do you?" Jimmy asked and they were driving off in Casey's beat-up old truck, while Casey glanced in the rearview mirror.

"If you're anything like me, you get stronger when you're around the Hales." Casey said it confidently and Jimmy nodded. "So, I'm taking you to Lookout Point to gather your strength from the moon and from nature. Then, we can catch up with the others once you can move properly." She stated.

"All right. But just one thing, though?" Jimmy asked and Casey glanced over at him with curiosity in her eyes. "Thanks for taking care of them, when I couldn't." Casey scoffed at the words, before she nodded.

"You would have done the same thing for me, if our positions had been switched." Casey said and they were driving out onto the Preserve.

They parked the truck before they were riding out towards the Lookout on Casey's ATV that became a permanent part of the pack when she did, as they were looking around at the woods and her eyes blazed.

Jimmy heard a low growl from behind them and his eyes flashed, before he turned around to see that Boyd was standing there. "Casey?" He asked uncertainly and Casey had a gun in each hand, before Boyd let out an earthshaking roar.