08. Magic Bullet

Kimber had basically been all but court ordered to stay home by Derek, who was tracking the alpha down that night and then, she heard gunshots and she was snapping awake, hearing a howl.

Her door opened and Kimber was looking over at Scott, who was silently watching her and she was grabbing a hoodie, throwing it on over her tank top and her sweatpants as she quickly grabbed a pair of spare running shoes that she always left in her room for no particular reason.

Kimber tied them up in record time and quickly, she was tucking them down and into her shoes so that they didn't get in the way. "Let's go." She said and then quickly now, they were both jumping out of her window onto the ledge and then, they were quickly running out across the rooftop.

Kimber's eyes widened and then she was picking up the pace, skidding to a stop after she heard a gunshot and a familiar grunting noise. "Derek?" She whispered and Kimber was running down low, forgetting about the alpha as she was trying to find her brother.

"Kimber, what in the hell are you doing here?" Derek whispered harshly and she was crouching down next to him, before he was shaking his head. "You need to get out of here kid, right now. There is another new hunter here and you... You need to leave right now, before they find out about you."

"Are you sure that you'll be okay?" Kimber asked and then, Derek was looking down at his arm before looking up at her and nodding. "Hey." She said and he looked up at her again, as he was sitting up against the wall. "Call me if you need help, okay? I mean it." Kimber murmured and Derek nodded slightly, before she was hugging him and she took off into the night again.

Derek didn't even look down at his wounded arm until after he was sure that she was long gone and then far away.

After living with a family of werewolves for so long and after training himself to do it, he has trained himself to mask his own scent of pain. Temporarily anyways, which was why he let it go as soon as she was far enough away.

Derek groaned quietly and he was making his way to the familiar apartment, knocking on the door. "Jimmy!" He said and a moment later, Jimmy was opening the door as Derek winced.

"Derek, what the hell?" Jimmy asked and Derek winced, pulling up his sleeve to show him the gunshot wound and Jimmy coughed in disgust, before he nodded. "In. Now!" He ordered and Derek swiftly walked into the apartment, before he staggered.

"Whoa." Jimmy said, barely catching Derek before he fell flat on his face. "Okay, couch."

Derek sat down and Jimmy used a small gust of wind to slam the door shut, locking the door quickly. "I don't know what type of wolfsbane it is, but I'm not healing." Derek said and Jimmy glanced at him.

"Does Kimber know?" Jimmy asked and Derek glanced up at him in return. "Right. I forgot that we are back to "let's keep secrets between us and nobody else, since Laura is dead and your other sister is too young to know" which naturally includes, things that could easily and clearly be killing you." Jimmy snapped at him sarcastically and Derek grunted in pain.

"Can you heal it?" Derek asked and then Jimmy stared at him, before he was looking down at the disgusting-looking wound.

"I can use some herbs to slow it down a little and maybe, make a poultice of sorts. But that won't stop the effects, Der, it will just slow it down." Jimmy said and he sighed. "It might buy you a few more hours or it might buy you another day. But considering the bullet's proximity to your heart?" Jimmy shook his head and Derek nodded.

"Hours?" Derek asked and Jimmy's eyes flashed, before he nodded. "I need more time, however I can get it." Derek said and Jimmy nodded.

"Okay. Just try not to fall asleep, all right? I really do not need you bleeding all over my couch, because you decided to fall asleep and not cover your arm." Jimmy said and Derek grimaced, before he was using his shirt as a bandage and Jimmy shrugged. "That works too. Give me five minutes." He said as he got up and went to the medicine cupboard.