45. Frayed

They were planning a pre-emptive strike on the alphas and Casey was checking her weapons religiously, it was like she was terrified that something was going to go wrong. "Casey, would you just breathe for a second?" Derek asked as he glanced over at her, when she was checking her pistols for the seventeenth time.

"Sorry." She said as she put it down onto the table. Kimber glanced at it curiously, before she was reaching out and stopping just short of the gun. "Go ahead." Casey said and Kimber picked up the gun, before she was studying the make of it. "It isn't loaded." She spoke up at the feeling of Derek's suspicious look.

Casey was going outside for a couple of minutes as Kimber glanced over at her, standing outside in the rain and she looked at Derek. "I'm going to go out there and see why her heart is pounding like a jackhammer." She muttered and Derek nodded, before she walked out onto the balcony and Casey had a gun pointed at her.

"Whoa!" Kimber yelled, throwing her hands up in an immediate "I surrender!" type of a position and then Casey looked over at her. "Just me." She said and Casey lowered the gun, putting it back into the holster on her hip. "Your heart is pounding like a jackhammer and you look terrible. What the hell is going on with you, Case?"

"My dad is in town." Casey admitted very quietly and Kimber looked at her, before her eyes widened in understanding. "He's coming after me and more than likely, he will be coming after my kids. I just hope that he doesn't find my kids, before he finds me." She said and Kimber hugged her tightly.

"Well, the kids are under our protection now. Considering that your friend just brought them into the loft." Kimber remarked as Casey looked around her, to see that the kids were hesitantly approaching Derek. "You should probably go and help him with that, considering I doubt that my brother is very good with kids." Kimber stated and Casey was shaking her head, before they were walking into the loft.

"Aunty Kimber!" The twins called out and then they were jumping at her, and Kimber laughed and then she was crouching down to meet the charge. The twins hugged her tightly at the same time, before they were moving to swarm their mother with hugs as well and Kimber nodded.

"Oh, it is good to see you." Kimber murmured and she was hugging the kids quickly, before they were quickly hugging one another. "Now, go upstairs and see cousin Victoria. Go on!" She said and the twins were racing up the stairs.

"Are you going to even bother trying to explain that?" Derek questioned and then Casey was shaking her head silently, before they were all gathering around the maps.

"I don't know what they're doing here in town, Derek. I told her to keep them away from this fucking town... but, does she listen to me? Well, of course not." Casey said bluntly and she was spinning a knife in her hand.

"I know where they are." Scott burst into the room, breathing heavily and nearly out of breath from what could have been a long and fast race from the Argents, judging by the look on his face now, a few minutes after Boyd and Cora had returned from scouting the location. "They're..."

"In the same building as the Argents." Derek finished and Scott's eyes widened. "We know." He said calmly to the stunned expression on Scott's face and Jimmy was grabbing a black pen from the pile and he was starting to draw something.

"What the hell are you doing?" Peter asked as he peered over Jimmy's shoulders, but the drawing hadn't taken shape yet. It just looked like a bunch of scribbles and black marker smears across the page. "Hey, does he always do this?" Peter asked as Jimmy hadn't spoken or even acknowledged Peter, he was just drawing like his arm wasn't even under his control anymore.