22. Shape Shifted

Kimber was doing her art homework and she was shaking her head. "Jimmy, how the hell do you do this all the time?" Kimber asked with frustration in her voice as the druid smiled at the words.

"I do this all of the time." Jimmy reminded her patiently as he sat down and looked at the sketches. "Remember, don't put too much pressure or the lines will be too dark when you eventually go to erase them. You will still be able to see the outlines and you don't want that." Jimmy reminded her patiently and he was grabbing one of his own sketchbooks.

Jimmy was flipping to a spare page, before he was grabbing a bunch of pencils. Kimber watched with a smile on her face as Jimmy's pencil flew across the page and then, he was tilting his head to the side and she watched him work.

"Like this." Jimmy said and he showed her the finished picture, which was a wolf pack running across an open field under the full moon.

Kimber's jaw dropped as she was staring at it. "How did you do that?" Kimber asked and Jimmy smiled softly, before he nodded.

"It used to be that I do this whenever I had visions. Eventually, I just started doing it on a more regular basis and now, I do it whenever something's on my mind." Jimmy remarked.

"Please teach me! So that I don't fail Art out of all my classes? I will never live it down!"

"Okay!" Jimmy said with a laugh. "All right, all right, I won't let you fail Art. For... a small, one condition." He said and Kimber was nodding.

"Anything." Kimber said desperately and Jimmy laughed.

"All right. Then tell your brother not to constantly bury his emotions." Jimmy said and Kimber stared at him.

"Really? There is no way that he would listen to me." Kimber said and a moment later, she shut up as Derek came back into the depot with a bunch of groceries and stuff. "Derek? You should put those in a fridge and freezer." She pointed out.

"Oh, really?" Derek asked sarcastically and he went into the additional room, where he had apparently taken the liberty of setting that stuff up prior to grocery shopping.

"Never mind." Kimber said, very clearly embarrassed by the way that she had been shut down and she was turning back to the sketchbook, until another set of footsteps was racing forward.

"Isaac." Derek said as the footsteps came closer, along with the smell of panic and severe anxiety.

"Derek! Derek! Kimber!" Kimber got up as Isaac raced down the stairs and Jimmy was putting the art supplies away.

"Whoa! Isaac, slow down." Kimber said as she was standing up in front of him. "What happened?" She asked.

"What's wrong?" Derek asked as Kimber turned around, seeing that her brother was walking out of the shadows.

"My dad... I think he's dead." Kimber's head snapped back around to stare at Isaac, who was shaking his head with fear.

"What did you do?" Derek asked as he was standing at Kimber's shoulder.

"That's the thing. It wasn't me." Isaac said and Derek looked over at Kimber as soon as he heard the words.

"I have been with Jimmy the whole time doing homework!" She immediately was sputtering the words out to defend herself and Derek glanced silently at Jimmy, who nodded.

"I have been helping her with her homework this whole time, and, neither of us have left this building." Jimmy spoke the truth and Derek had been listening to his heartbeat at the words, before he nodded.