36. Apologies

Kimber was off and just introducing the newer, much quieter Victoria to a whole bunch of new people, while Jimmy was "helping" Derek and Isaac fully move into the loft.

By helping, Jimmy was lying back and resting on the couch, as per Melissa McCall's orders when she saw how much of a state he was in.

Eventually, Isaac was leaving to get the last of his stuff from his house, while Derek sat down next to Jimmy, who was looking down at his chest, where the triskele spiral used to be. "Hey. Are you okay?" Derek asked and Jimmy glanced at him, before he shrugged.

"I'm fine." Jimmy muttered, but his heart really wasn't in it, while Derek sighed at the words before he was nodding.

"Jimmy, I'm aware that you probably don't want to talk about it but... But, could you at least, spare me the lies?" Derek questioned quietly and Jimmy sighed.

"Gerard and his hunters tortured me for hours, Derek." Jimmy murmured quietly as Derek looked at him. "And I can't heal like you guys can, I thought that I was going to die. I was pleading for somebody, anyone to just kill me." He admitted and Derek closed his eyes, feeling pain in the words. He could sense it, like it was happening to him.

"I wanted to die, Derek. There is no other way to put it and clearly, I am just a risk to your pack and your safety." Jimmy said and Derek's eyes snapped open at the words. "It is also the reason, that I'm going to go back to New York." He said.

"Jimmy, hold up." Derek said and Jimmy glanced at him. "I know that I have spent the last six months trying to get you to leave. To go, to walk away from me and the pack. But I can't do this, without somebody like you to help me." He said as Jimmy nodded slightly at the words.

"You spend six months trying to get me to leave. Then all it takes is a full two days of torture at the hands of the Argents, nearly dying and having two of my tattoos cut out..." Jimmy whispered.

"That is what it finally takes for you to admit, that you want me to stand by your side?" He asked quietly and Derek was looking at him before he blinked and then swiftly, his eyes glowed when he looked at him. "I'm not running, so, don't you even dare try to tell me I am." Derek blinked at the words, before his eyes were returning to normal.

"Yeah, I know." Derek said and he was looking over at him. "You know, I never actually wanted you to leave Jimmy. You know that, right?" Derek asked as Jimmy was picking up his bag silently.

"Yeah, I know." Jimmy said and Derek watched him. "But you are going to have your hands full now, so... You have one less person to worry about now." He said and he was taking off the triskelion necklace that Laura had left for him in her will, before he was tossing it back to Derek. "This belongs to a Hale." Jimmy said and with no further words, Jimmy was turning and walking out of the loft.

Jimmy was just pulling into the rental company at the airport, when his phone beeped.

Jimmy glanced down at it, before he was smiling at the picture that came through on the screen. It was an old picture of Derek, him and Laura after Jimmy had officially joined their "pack" and Jimmy chuckled at the picture.

Kimber and Victoria were finally walking back into the loft, to see that Derek was just pouring over maps and Kimber lifted her eyebrows. "Tori, why don't you go and see Scott and Stiles? Make sure that you keep them out of trouble."

"Sounds like fun!" Victoria said and she disappeared at supernatural speed, while Kimber was shaking her head.

"All right, what's going on?" Kimber asked knowingly and Derek looked over at her. "If you are thinking up a good lie, don't even try." She said, walking over to him after she had shut the door to the loft.

"What makes you think that something's wrong?" Derek asked and Kimber stared at him. "I hate how you've picked that up from me." He muttered irritably.

"Actually, I picked it up from Jimmy. Who most likely picked it up from you, but that is besides the point." Kimber said as she was tucking herself under his arm. "So, where is that awesome druid anyways?" She asked as she was looking around at the loft, listening for any other heartbeats. "Or, did he leave?"

"He left." Derek said and Kimber was looking over at him. "He went back to New York. I can't blame him, he was tortured for almost a full two days and we couldn't do a thing to help him." Derek muttered and Kimber was looking at him.

"It isn't your fault. None of this is your responsibility or your fault, the Argents have to take all of the blame for this one and... We all know that." Kimber said and she stopped, turning to smell that someone was outside of the building.

"I think she's waiting for you." Derek said quietly and Kimber walked out of the loft as she was making her way down the stairs to the ground level.

Next to the car was Allison Argent, who looked at her. Kimber had her claws out on one of her hands, a clear message and Allison held up her hands with open palms to show that she had none. "What do you want?" Kimber asked, keeping her claws out on one hand and then, she saw that Allison was on her own.

"I wanted to apologize for what I said during that fight." Allison said and she was looking awkwardly at Kimber, who allowed her claws to shrink.

"Apologize for which part, exactly?" Kimber asked and Allison sighed. "You said that my entire family deserved to die, because we were all monsters!" Kimber's voice cracked with pain.

"I know and..."

"And you compared the death of your mother and aunt, to the pain of losing all of my family in one fire. And then, I finally find my brother again and you go after him too." Kimber said and she could feel tears in her eyes. "I know that you have lost people too, Allison, but there is no excuse for what you did." She said, forcing her tears back as she stared at the hunter, who was a person that she may have once considered a friend.

"I wasn't thinking and I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt your pack, I just wanted..."

"To go after our alpha?" Kimber asked and Allison flinched. "I'm done, Allison. I'm not going to stand around, listening to your weak attempts to justify your actions. Stay away from me and my brother." Kimber shook her head as her tears finally began to fall again. "Stay away from our pack."

Allison looked like she had been physically struck as Kimber turned around and walked into the building again. Kimber slammed the door behind her and she was shaking in place, before she let out a screaming roar of pain and emotions.

Derek was down the stairs in a second and he was hugging her tightly, as Kimber broke down completely and she was rocking back and forth.

Derek hugged her tightly, resting his chin gently on top of hers and then, Kimber was honestly, she felt like she was dying. "I am not going anywhere." Derek murmured very quietly as she was hugging him tightly and crying as she did. "Come on, let's go." He murmured and she was silently stuck to his side and then, quickly, Derek walked up the stairs with her following him.