24. Abomination

Kimber was staying with Jimmy as he looked at her, carefully studying her face and she sighed. "How bad is it?" Kimber asked softly.

"I honestly think that I should get you to Deaton." Jimmy admitted and Kimber was looking at him, before she was just nodding at the words. "Come on." Jimmy said quietly as he was getting her into the car again.

"Dr. Deaton!" Jimmy called out as he was helping Kimber into the Animal Clinic and Deaton looked up from where he was helping Scott, his eyes widening at the sight of Kimber's face.

"What happened to you?" Deaton asked and Kimber was shaking her head, before she caught a glimpse of herself in the mirror.

Kimber's eye had healed, but then the rest of the cuts were turning into scars and she shook her head. "Those aren't going away, are they?" She asked softly and Deaton looked at her, before he sighed. "I am going to have to find an excuse for them quickly, I suppose." She said softly and then, she was disappearing into a room along with Scott and Jimmy.

After the hunters were gone, Jimmy was looking at where the body had been lying and he was looking over at Kimber, who was silently watching him.

Jimmy reached out a hand and then he touched the surface of the table, before his eyes flashed.

There was no vision this time, it was just a huge wave of emotions. Sheer helplessness and fear, a whole lot of fear.

Jimmy jerked away from the table as he held his hand close to his chest and he was looking at Kimber, who tilted her head to the side silently. "What did you see?" She asked.

"I didn't see anything, Kimber. But I felt that guy's last moments and all it was? It was just helplessness and fear. Pure and simple, it was unadulterated fear." Jimmy said as Kimber was nodding. "Let's go." He said and Kimber nodded, before they were walking outside to the car and they found Derek waiting.

Kimber put her earbuds in as she pushed past him, getting into the jeep and slamming the door shut. "Jimmy, hang on..." A burst of power sent Derek skidding backwards on his ass and Jimmy looked over at him.

"I will help you train these betas like I promised, but I can't find it in myself to do anything else. Once the training is over, I'm going to find another place to live." Jimmy said and Derek was standing upright again as he shook his head.

"Come on, Jimmy. Don't be a dumbass, would you? Jimmy, you need me to stay alive."

"Do I though?" Jimmy retorted and Derek's eyes narrowed with confusion. "Because you seem to think that, despite me easily knocking you on your ass." He said and Derek growled at him.

"Fine. Be a dumbass and see who comes running to help you, if anyone does at all."

"You would have once." Kimber swiftly interrupted and Derek looked over at her. "I can smell it on you Derek, the constant conflict. Make up your damn mind already before we grow old and die!" She snapped as she rolled up the window again.

"She doesn't even know what she's talking about." Derek muttered.

"When I looked inside of your head, I saw your conflict and no hesitation. Until you saw how hurt I was and hesitation, it was suddenly all that I could see." Jimmy said and Derek turned to look at him. "When are you going to admit to yourself, Derek... That anger isn't your only anchor?"

"You've just been listening to her stories again..." Derek said dismissively and then Jimmy's hands were shaking with rage.

"No, but I have finally been listening to myself!" Jimmy was snapping at him and Derek turned back to him with lifted eyebrows. "Kimber is right, you really are oblivious." Jimmy said and Derek looked at him.

"Sure. The next thing that you are going to say is that you like me, how other guys like girls." Derek remarked rather dismissively and Jimmy went really quiet at the words, watching him and Derek was looking at him, clearly not getting how upset Jimmy was.

"Well, then. I guess I know now, just how you feel about the subject." Jimmy said and Derek finally got it, but Jimmy was already starting up the car again.

Jimmy sped off down the road and Kimber looked over at him, seeing that he was back to trying not to reveal his emotions. "I'm sorry that he was such a dick." Kimber said and Jimmy scoffed.

"Don't apologize for your brother, ever. He is an adult, he makes his own choices and now I finally know how he feels. So, there's that, I guess." Jimmy said and he was fighting to keep his tone of voice steady.

Jimmy parked the vehicle and they got out of the car in unison, almost accidentally and they were walking inside.

Jimmy glanced at Kimber, who saw that Isaac and Erica were standing there. "What do you want?" Kimber asked coldly and in response, the two of them looked at one another, before they looked back at her.

"Derek said that since you defied him at the skating rink, you are now at the bottom of the pecking order." Kimber flinched at the words from Isaac, before she was trying to get past him and Isaac stepped in front of her again with a growl. "You're not welcome here." He said as Kimber scoffed, before she was turning to look at Jimmy.

"Move out of the way and let her through, or I will make you move." Jimmy threatened the two cocky teenagers.

"What are you going to do? You're nothing more than a human." Erica taunted and a burst of energy sent her flying, while electricity surged through the air and hit Isaac, who staggered and fell.

"What were you saying?" Jimmy asked and he looked at the two fallen beta werewolves on the ground. "Go and get your stuff, kid. I guess you're staying with your real family again." He said and Kimber nodded before she was going to get her homework.

While Kimber decided to run all the way to the McCall House, Jimmy was staying in the loft and he was throwing knives at multiple targets that he had set up on the walls.

"I don't want to talk." Jimmy said as he looked at the targets, before he used a form of telekinesis to bring the knives back to him.

"Come on, Jim." Derek said from the doorway and Jimmy was staring at the targets, before he was throwing the knives again. "You're just going to ignore me from now on?" He asked as Jimmy finally turned to look at him, after one of the knives was buried in the wall and had missed the target entirely.

"What do you want me to say, Derek?" Jimmy asked as the werewolf looked at him. "Your physical actions hurt your sister and then, your verbal mockery and attacks hurt me along with her. You basically just kicked your little sister out of your pack, your only remaining real family and now, you want to talk to me?" Jimmy asked and Derek looked at him.

"Are you still helping me with the betas then?" Derek asked and then Jimmy looked over at him, his eyes flashing with irritation and Jimmy was shaking his head.

"That is what you're concerned about right now?" Jimmy asked incredulously as Derek lifted his eyebrows. "Unbelievable, Derek. I can't believe that you are more worried about whether I'm helping with your betas, rather than the fact that you threw your only living sister out of the pack." Jimmy muttered.

"I'm just a little more focused on the problems that I can fix right now, as opposed to the ones that I can't fix now or rather... At all." Derek said and Jimmy was nodding.

"I'll help with them. But you have to let Kimber back into the pack and into her proper place, like when you promised her that she would be." Jimmy said and Derek looked at him. "Kimber also tells me stuff, Derek. The only difference is, I don't have to worry about her hurting me as badly as you can." Jimmy remarked coolly.

"Why? Because she's a girl?" Derek asked and Jimmy was shaking his head slightly at the words.

"No. Because she's like family." Jimmy said and Derek looked stunned at the answer. "I need sleep before training those Betas, so get out." Jimmy was fully aware that he was attempting to kick Derek out of his legally owned space, but Derek didn't argue as he was leaving the loft.