CHAPTER SIX.

- MURRAY BAUMAN
- luneetoilex

"WE'VE BEEN DOIN' ALL THIS LATE-NIGHT TALKIN',

'BOUT ANYTHING YOU WANT UNTIL THE MORNING."

   MAIA CRAWFORD WAS ALMOST A MURDERER. They were at a random storage unit in god knows where with Nancy Wheeler and Jonathan Byers. She was dying as a third wheel after coping through going to the lab, dealing with the pairs weird sexual tension that made her want to gag and then a long ass road trip with them. She wanted to rip both their faces off.

   "Are you positive this is the right place?" He looked back at Maia. She rolled her eyes at him and threw the scrap of magazine at him.

   "Of course it's the right fucking place. I can read you know Byers." She got out the car and slammed the door. She was very much lacking her daily dose of Amelia, the last time having seen her been days ago when she was very drunk. The lack of dopamine from being around her energetic friend was getting to her now, paired with her itch for a cigarette she was thoroughly pissed off.

   The trio approached the door to the storage unit and Maia pressed the button.

   "Look at the camera." A male voice crackled from the speakers and Maia scanned the doorway for a camera, spotting the camera and taking a step back to make herself visible. "Not the loudspeaker. Above you to the right." Maia's brow furrowed in confusion until she caught Nancy and Jonathan huddled at the loudspeaker. She rolled her eyes and watched as the two caught on and stood behind her facing the camera.

   The lock rattled and the door swung open to show a balding man standing skittishly in the doorway.

   "Nancy Wheeler, Maia Crawford, Jonathan Byers. You three are a long way from home."

   "Well-"

   "Yeah yeah let us in baldy. I'm tired and I've had them for company for far too long." She pushed past the stunned man into the 'home'. It didn't smell very good. She felt the three other people gather behind her, Murray pushed past her and led her further into the building while Nancy and Jonathan stuck behind her. Murray rattled along about other tales of how Barb and Will went missing and Maia completely tuned him out.