CHAPTER TWELVE.

- BYE BILLY
- luneetoilex

"I BET ON LOSING DOGS."

   "SHIT!" Amelia pushed the kids down on the couch, ducking under the window. Her heart was beating in her skull and goosebumps pricked at her skin.

   "Did he see us?" Dustin asked, arm squishing into Amelia's. She nodded, pulling herself off the couch. She instructed the party to stay down and she followed the same footsteps of Steve out the door.

   The door slammed behind her as Billy's hands pushed against Steve's chest, sending him to the floor with a thud. Amelia had to restrain herself from cringing.

   "I told you to plant your feet." Billy spat down at Steve, sending a final foot to the ribs before his eyes met Amelia's. "Amelia Brown, what a surprise. What're you doing here?"

   "Go home Billy." Her arms folded over her chest and Billy's eyes scanned the bandage around her waist, bloody fingerprints coating it as Maia had scrambled to get it on, fingers still wet from the stitches.

   "Just need to collect what is mine first." He shoved her aside, lighter than he did Steve but enough to make her stumble. Amelia tore between helping the party and getting Steve up, head snapping between both scenes. Her feet banged against the porch stairs as she raced down them towards Steve.

   "Steve, move." She urged, pulling at his arms. He pulled himself to his feet with the rushed assistance of Amelia. By the time Steve was dusting himself off, Amelia was halfway to the door. She held her 'I've never had a kid die' badge like a medal of honour.

   She didn't touch the door, keeping her steps light as to not alert Billy of her presence. She turned the corner into where she could see the kids congregating around a screaming Billy.

   "So dead, Sinclair! You're dead." He growled, smashing Lucas' back against the byers ceramic cabinet. Something angry flared in Amelia's chest, a heat bubbling to the surface. Nobody laid a hand on her kids. She grabbed the collar of Billy's shirt and a significant chunk of his mullet, yanking it back with surprising force. Billy dropped Lucas instantly, stumbling back in the direction Amelia threw him in.