[36] it's not over yet

Katsuki had immediately taken her to the hospital, carrying her in her arms.

As F/n lay in her hospital bed, surrounded by the gentle hum of medical equipment and the soft glow of overhead lights, she couldn't help but feel overwhelmed by the outpouring of support and gratitude from those gathered outside her room.

Through the partially open door, she could see a sea of faces, familiar and unfamiliar alike, all united in their desire to express their appreciation for her bravery and sacrifice. Katsuki stood at her bedside, his expression a mixture of concern and pride as he held her hand tightly in his own.

Beside him, Katsuki's parents stood with solemn expressions, their eyes filled with a mixture of relief and gratitude. Izuku and his mother stood nearby, offering words of encouragement and support, while Ochako's parents stood at the back, their expressions reflecting the same sense of gratitude and admiration as the others.

But it wasn't just her friends and loved ones who had come to show their support. A family they had never met before stood among the crowd, their faces filled with gratitude as they thanked F/n for saving their lives. And beside them, a group of citizens who had been saved by her and other fellow heroes' heroism stood silently, their presence a silent testament to the impact she had made on their lives.

It was overwhelming. She wanted to hide away from all those people for they were the very people who had torn away all her life one year earlier.

It pained her, and it also made her happy. It was a bittersweet feeling, really.
The only difference now was she knew better than to depend her happiness on other people, especially on people she didn't even know but worked to save their lives. They could turn their backs anytime. Even her friends could turn their backs at her anytime.

Her eyes flickered to Bakugou, all his attention on her, watching her with soft eyes. This was the man who she could trust with all her heart, because he still stood here, despite it all.

Mitsuki gestured to other people to give them privacy. She closed the blinds so that other people could not see her and got out of the room.

F/n's eyes met with Bakugou's, and Bakugou melted away silently, because she smiled brightly. It was full and it was wide. And her eyes were bright. And the whole room lit up once again. Like it had done when they had shared their first memories together.

She had come back to him, but only him. No one else.

Bakugou's lips slightly parted at her smile, as if taken aback. His eyes filled with tears, and he bent down, his knees dropping to the ground with a thud. His voice was soft, filled with emotion as he looked into F/n's eyes, his own shimmering with tears of relief and love. "You came back to me," he whispered, his words carrying the weight of all the pain and fear he had felt. "You came back to yourself, for me. And I swear, I'll never let you go again."

Her smiled into a grin, "I know, sweetheart." She replied in a whisper.

Bakugou smiled back, his tears dropping on F/n's face as he kissed her on the lips. Softly molding her into him, every piece of them fitting like their favourite puzzle forever.

He pulled back, and stroked her cheeks lovingly, "F/n, I love you, more than 'I love yous' can ever express."

"Infinity, you mean to say?" She raised her eyebrows.

He rolled his eyes, scoffing a chuckle, "Yes, that."

"Come on, say it! I love you infinity! Say it!" She said, her eyes glinting with excitement.

"Hm...Nah, wanna leave you hanging." He teased.

Her smile dropped, "hey, no fair..." She paused, seeing him standing, "hey you want to cuddle?" She shifted and patted the side of the bed she left for him, "Baby, I won't fit in here."