𝐉𝐚𝐝𝐞'𝐬 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤!... 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧? ||🧡💚

Ship(s) in this chapter:

- CharJade🧡💚

- It's set in another universe, in a sense... You'll see💀

~~~~~

- Requested by: No one

_______________________________________

★3rd Person POV

The mansion's quiet again. It's been quiet ever since everyone started slowly disappearing from the squad. First, it was the trio, then Alex and Levi. Now, it's been silent ever since. Charli has nothing to do since they no longer upload daily. Today wasn't a recording day, either. 

Charli's already made four laps around the mansion with a few interventions of admiring the abode. She's made it through the gallery, made quick stops at everyone's rooms, stopped in the different kitchens, been through the garden about three times in the four laps, and pretty much toured the entire mansion from the evident spots and the secrets. All she could think about as she wandered the residence was that she couldn't help but feel like memories were at every turn, on every wall, in every corner, and everywhere she stepped contained some hidden memory from years ago. It was nothing but a trip down memory lane.

Now, she's in the library skimming through the pages of the spell book they read that once, which somehow turned Alex into a... box? That's what Jaxx and Light told her when they found the book again almost two weeks ago. Every time they tell her something that happened before she joined the squad, she gets jealous that she joined so late. 

She skims through the withered-down, stained pages of the book with the typewriter letters written in neat lines down the page. Charli giggles at a few of the words in the spells as she gets deeper and deeper into the book. There was a heavy knock at the door as she examined the spells and mouthed out the words. 

Charli's head shoots up from the book, and she listens momentarily. The knock returns. Charli closes the book with a confused expression. Was anyone expecting any company today? Alex and Levi weren't supposed to return for a while, so who could it be? Charli places the book on the sofa and walks over to the stairs.

The knock sounds again once Charli arrives at the door. She quickly peeks out the peephole, even though she can't see anyone, and she leans closer to the door.

"Who is it?" Charli calls out.

No response. Charli asks again, holding onto the knob. The knock sounds again. Charli rolls her eyes and asks who it is again but stops herself.

Charli backs up and stares at the door momentarily with furrowed eyebrows. She leans in again and calls, "Do that again, please."

A familiar laugh can be heard from the other side of the door. The knock goes again. Once the pounding on the door starts again, Charli recognizes it almost immediately, and a bright smile forms on her face.