• CHAPTER • EIGHT •

"Where is it again?" I ask, rubbing my temple

Zoe rolls her eyes at my forgetfulness. "Sam's house. Your brothers are going too. The whole school is. You HAVE to come, Cami."

I close my eyes and lean against my locker, using it to hold myself up as another wave of tiredness hits me. But, I have a day off work today and am too tired to argue with Zoe.

"Sure," I find myself agreeing. She squeals in delight as she flips her black hair away from her face. I smile at her excitedness but start to dread what I've gotten myself into. 

The bell soon rings and we are separated by classes until she is suddenly in my room getting ready for the party with me.

My brothers have a game tomorrow so aren't drinking and have agreed to drive us there. 

Zoe is perched on my bed, flawlessly applying eyeliner to accentuate her pale skin and bright blue eyes. She is wearing a silver sparkly short playsuit, which perfectly fits her model form and shows off her long legs. The playsuit reveals a classy amount of her boobs but I know it is her favourite to wear to a party as it can easily be taken off if needed. 

I have just finished straightening my hair and braiding two small parts to tie back. I have applied a full face of makeup, especially concealer, and was forced by Zoe to add some glittery eyeshadow. My lips are outlined with red liner and a red gloss that makes them look plump and a bit bigger than they actually are. 

I look at myself in the outfit Zoe has forced me to wear. She chose a tight small black dress that ends mid-thigh and is low cut enough to not be able to wear a bra. I have paired it with converse as there is no way I am wearing heels when we have cheer tomorrow. 

"You look insane, Cami," Zoe hypes me up as she straps on some black sandals.

"It's been so long since I've been out," I admit as I take a sip of the vodka cranberry we have been drinking. I hadn't realised how much I needed to let loose until now. The sweet liquid slides down my throat and I close my eyes at the taste as the vodka creates a buzz in my mind. 

"Let's go, Camel toe" Noah shouts from downstairs. I roll my eyes at him as Zoe and I walk down the stairs to meet them. We all walk to the car together and Zoe and I take it in turns to annoy Noah and Oscar as we drive. 

As soon as we arrive, the twins run straight into their team and leave Zoe and I to fend for ourselves. Zoe drags me inside with her and I look round at the perfect suburban family home, with picture frames covering the walls of kids happy and smiling at their parents. My heart hurts slightly as the jealousy floods through me.

"Let's get a drink," Zoe drags me to a table filled with spirits, wine and a beer keg. I opt for another vodka cranberry and let the comforting taste flood my senses. 

"Let's go play beer pong," I nod over to the ping pong table that is surrounded by a crowd of people. I wink at her and walk over.

"You're going down, Camille," Sam smirks at me from across the table. He had always expressed an interest in me but he's not my type. Besides, he is like my brothers' best friend.