• CHAPTER • FORTY TWO •

"Girl, get your ass up, it's Jayden's party," Mellissa slaps my leg as I lay spread across her bed

"Girl, get your ass up, it's Jayden's party," Mellissa slaps my leg as I lay spread across her bed. I prop myself up on my elbows, sending her a death glare as she starts to dance around the room. The music from her speaker blares out and she dances randomly to the beat. 

"I can't be bothereeeed," I drawl out, sitting up fully. She walks over and grabs my wrists, pulling me to stand and dance with her. I roll my eyes, starting to laugh as she waves her arms. 

"Girlllll, it's JAYDEN aka my future baby daddy," she winks at me.

"You're 18, Mel. Bit early to be thinking about baby daddies," I roll my eyes as she shoves a dress into my hands. 

It's a satin baby pink wrap dress, with just enough material to cover my thighs. I put it on, knowing she will literally undress me herself in order to hurry me up. I keep my bra on, liking how the dress and it work together to make my boobs look good. 

When in Rome. 

Mellissa insists on doing my hair and styles it in loose curls, pinning it up into a messy ponytail with strands framing my face. I apply my makeup as she wrestles her insanely toned body into a black jumpsuit that has a deep-V down the middle of her torso. 

Once we are ready, we take a few pictures together, stumbling in our heels as we pose. I sneak into her bathroom and take a few of myself before sending them to the group chat. 

I bite my lip nervously as I wait for their responses. 

Zander: Fuuuuuuck.

Josh: You look beautiful, baby.

Luka: Do you have to go to the party?

Luka: I'll make it worth your while ;)

I wait for Gabriel's reply but it doesn't come, making me frown down at my phone. I type a quick response to the rest of them before putting my phone in my bag and meeting Mellissa by the front door. 

When we climb into her brother's car, my phone chimes and I grab it shamelessly quick. A smile spreads across my lips when I see it's Gabriel.

Gabriel: Those boys better behave themselves.

Gabriel: You look irresistible, ma chérie.

The smile stays on my face until we reach the house party, quickly turning into a look of worry. 

I hate crowds. 

Thanking her brother for the lift, Mellissa grabs my hand and we walk into the house. A wave of alcohol hits my nostrils as soon as we step inside. People from my classes grind against each other in the living room, red cups in their hands. 

We search for a drink and take a shot or two with some of the cheerleading girls before heading to the dance floor with beers in our hands. I laugh as Jayden creeps up behind Mellissa, scaring the shit out of her by pinching her hips. She wraps her arms around his neck, kissing him messily.