• CHAPTER • TEN •

I yawn and stretch out my arms

God, this bed is comfortable.

Wait...

My eyes snap open.

This isn't my room. 

I sit up and look around. This room is way nicer than mine. The large window is casting sunlight inside, creating a natural glow. This bed is twice the size of the one I have at home, never mind the room. 

I slide out of the bed and walk towards the door. 

A headache spreads through my temple and pulsates as I take each step downstairs. I rub my head and close my eyes, only to open them in shock when I hear a low voice.

"Morning, Camille." 

I look to the origin of the voice and see Mr Whitlock smiling at me from a kitchen stool with a coffee in his hand. 

"Morning Mr-" he glares at me," I mean J-Josh," I correct myself nervously. He smiles and gestures for me to join him. I walk over, suddenly insecure that I'm only wearing a large shirt in front of one of my teachers.

He's wearing his glasses, as usual, but his dark brown hair is not tamed as it usually is. Instead, it falls messily over his forehead, giving him a rugged, sexy look that sends inappropriate thoughts about him into my mind and makes me clench my core. 

He's ditched his usual button up shirt for a simple black t-shirt which clings to his body and hints at a toned body. Black sweatpants sit on his waist and, paired with the glasses, he somehow looks dangerous and geeky all in one. 

"May I ask...um...what are you doing here...Josh?" I ask him as he hands me a cup of coffee of my own. I take a seat on a stool. I make sure there is a stool between us empty.

"We all kind of treat each other's homes as our own, sweetheart," Josh winks at me as he takes a sip of his coffee. I blush and look down.

My ears prick up suddenly when I hear the elevator doors open. 

"Mon dieu, she's awake," Gabriel says as he enters the penthouse. My blush deepens and I pull down the hem of the shirt.

"Morning, Camille," Luka winks at me as him and Zander walk behind Gabriel with boxes in their hands. They place them down and stand on the other side of the kitchen island, facing Josh and I. 

I try not to stare but fail terribly as I take in their casual appearances. It's odd seeing teachers in their own clothes. They all have such different styles too. 

Like Josh, Luka also is wearing a pair of glasses, which is slightly shocking as he never wears them for class. His blonde hair offsets the growing dark stubble on his jaw. He has a simple pair of blue denim jeans and a black sweatshirt, pushed up to showcase his tatted forearms. My mouth waters at the sight.