• CHAPTER • FIFTY SIX •

"You all set for today, Cami?" Mellissa asks me as we eat in the cafeteria

"I'm just happy to be back at cheer," I smile at her. I take a bite of my sandwich, my eyes scanning the large open space. My gaze lands on Zoe, sat between my two brothers. They both look at me and nod, whilst Zoe gives me an evil smirk before wrapping her arms around both Oscar and Noah. 

"She's such a bitch," Mel comments and I turn my attention back to her, my retinas already burning from laying eyes on Zoe for too long. 

"Fuck her," I roll my eyes and continue eating. We spend the rest of lunch talking about cheer and the pep rally tomorrow, until the bell rings. 

My day passes pretty quickly, my mind too swept up on catching up on my studies to worry about Zoe and her antics. 

When the final school bell rings, I grab my bag and head to the library to work on an assignment for English class. 

Settling myself at a computer in the corner of the room, I put in my earphones and type out the essay, enjoying being back to some sense of normality. 

I don't realise the time until someone rubs my shoulders, making me jump out of my skin. 

Spinning around whilst pulling an earphone out, my heart rate relaxes when I see it's Zander who scared me. 

"Hey, little one," he whispers in my ear as I pull my other earphone out. I glance around the room, checking for to see if anyone is here. 

"We're the last ones in the school, baby. I sent the librarian home," he smirks at me. I squeal in surprise as he picks me up and takes my seat, placing me on his warm lap. 

I can't help but cuddle into him, smiling into his chest as his comforting arms envelop me. 

"Did you have a good day?" he asks, kissing my forehead. 

I nod my head, opening my mouth to answer as the reminder of my essay pops into my head. 

Swivelling around on his lap, I begin typing on the computer again, emerging myself into my studies and practically forgetting about the man I'm sitting on. 

He lets me work, pulling my hair to the side and planting soft kisses on my neck as I continue to write. 

By the time I'm done, the three others have joined us, them having their own quiet chats as I pound out the conclusion to the assignment. 

When I'm done, I draft an email to Luka and send the finished essay to him, meeting his proud eyes with an accomplished smile. 

"Well done, baby," Luka kisses my hand, the contact making me shiver slightly. 

"You know..." Josh looks around, his eyes twinkling with mischief, "I've never had sex in a library."

Four pairs of eyes turn to me, burning right through my blushing skin as I stare back at them with innocence.