• CHAPTER • ELEVEN •

After we had finished breakfast, all four of them dropped me back at the house, telling me they would see me later at the game

Luckily, my dad was passed out in his room so I was able to get changed in peace.

Standing in my bathroom, I slick back my hair into a high ponytail, placing the red cheer hair bow at the front. 

Match days call for a full face of makeup, which takes me around fifteen minutes. I finish it with red lipstick and a black winged eyeliner. 

I smooth down my red cheer uniform. It fits me perfectly, with long sleeves and a short skirt, that would show everything if I didn't wear black shorts underneath. 

I tie my white trainers up, wearing white trainer socks that stop at my ankles. 

Looking in the mirror, satisfied by my uniform, I grab my cheer bag and walk downstairs to my brother's car.

They climb in the front and I sit in silence in the backseat, not wanting to look at them.

We drive in silence to the school and I hop out of the car as soon as they park up. 

Rushing into the school and to my locker, I shove my stuff in and take out my pom poms.

My heart beats rapidly as I walk towards the fields.

I see Zoe's bleach blonde hair in the distance and feel my anger towards her replaced with sadness. 

I've lost my best friend to my brothers.

There's no coming back from this.

I walk over to the group of cheerleaders, greeting Mellissa and the others. I stand next to Zoe but don't meet eyes with her. 

She nudges me but I stay facing forward, listening to Mellissa's instructions. 

"What's up with you," she turns to me, confusion evident on her face. 

I turn to her, trying to keep my face neutral but feeling nerves bubbling up in me.

"Had a good time with my brothers at the party, then?" I ask her sarcastically. I watch as her jaw drops and she stares at me with wide eyes. I roll my eyes and turn back to Mellissa. 

We all fan out and I join the other two fliers, practising our back handsprings by the bleachers. 

I do three flips before landing with my arms up and pointed out. 

I glance around, smiling as I would in the routine, only to see my four teachers smirking at me. 

I blush and lower my head as I realise they have just seen my shorts under my dress as I turned. 

Soon enough, the announcer, one of the sports coaches, calls for people to take their seats. 

I join the other cheerleaders as we get into formation.