• CHAPTER • FORTY EIGHT •

Having made my own way to their apartment to ensure Zoe wouldn't see, I wait anxiously in the elevator as it moves up to their floor

My books weigh me down, competing with the weight of my anxiety and apprehension. 

I close my eyes, waiting for the ping of the doors. 

Hearing them open, I step into the apartment, sighing when I see my four guys dotted around. 

Gabriel is stirring something on the cooker, smiling as Josh talks to him whilst leaning on the counter near him. They both have beers next to them and look so carefree despite still being in their work suits. 

Luka is sat on a chair with his leg resting on his knee, reading a book with a quizzical expression. His glasses sit perfectly on his face, mixing into a perfect concoction with his rugged muscles bulging out his skintight black t-shirt. 

Finally, Zander is pacing the room, his phone pressed to his ear as he speaks lowly into it. His eyebrows are pinched together and his jaw is hard. His body, although always looking muscular and ripped, is tense against his white button down shirt and black slacks. He runs a hand through his dark hair, stress clearly on his face. 

I watch as their faces turn to me as I exit the elevator, the doors seeming to awaken them to my arrival. 

Luka snaps his book closed and places it on the coffee table next to him, immediately standing to make his way to me. 

Gabriel lowers the heat and follows Josh who almost runs over to pick me up. He twirls me around, making me giggle as I begin to become dizzy, before setting me down again. He grabs both my cheeks with his hands and pulls me into a deep kiss.

Gabriel slings an arm around my shoulder as Josh releases me, pulling me into his body for a hug. I inhale his intoxicating scent, my body already relaxing at being with them again. He tilts my head up for a short kiss before letting a very impatient-looking Luka pick me up. 

I wrap my legs around Luka's torso as he pulls me into a passionate kiss. His hands travel to my ass, holding onto it to keep me up.

After he finally places me down again, my eyes flicker to Zander who has now hung up the phone. He smiles at me before walking over and bending down to kiss me softly. 

We all make our way to the couch, which they all sit on whilst I stand in front of them. Throwing my book bag on the floor, I look between it and them with a glare. 

"What do you guys think you're pulling setting that much work?" I point at it, scowling at them all. 

They look between each other for a few seconds before busting out laughing. I roll my eyes and slump down on the couch, crossing my arms as I huff. 

"Sorry, baby," Josh says through laughs as he pulls me onto his lap, "It's kinds our jobs to."

I roll my eyes and huff again, sitting stiffly on him until he wraps his hands around my waist and pulls me back to his chest.