• CHAPTER • TWENTY THREE •

The rest of the trip flew by

The rest of the trip flew by. When we weren't out exploring Salem and learning about the Puritans, Mellissa and I were hanging out with the others in the hotel reception area.

I didn't have any time to sneak into Luka or Josh's rooms. The feeling was bittersweet. 

On one hand, it creates distance between us until I can figure out my very confusing feelings. But on the other hand, I miss them. 

"Hey, girl," Mellissa comes bouncing up to me as we wait outside the coach. Her caramel skin glows under the golden sun. She's wearing a baby blue dress and a gold necklace around her neck. 

She looks beautiful and I feel inadequate even standing near her in my ripped blue jeans and black halter neck shirt. My hair is in a messy bun whilst hers is perfectly straight. 

"I'm going to go sit with Jayden at the back of the coach," she smiles at me and I smirk. She's had a crush on him for weeks and has been non-stop talking about him flirting with her whilst we've been on this trip. 

"Sure, babe," I giggle, winking at her as she climbs on the coach behind him. 

Awww, cuties. 

I look to the back of the bus as I follow them on, seeing them settle together. He puts his arm around her and I can practically see the love hearts in her eyes. 

Deciding to give them some space, I take a window seat near the front. As soon as I sit down, Luka joins me and I smirk at him.

"What?" he narrows his eyes at me.

"Just seemed eager to sit with me, that's all," I tease him, shrugging my shoulders. He glares at me and I roll my eyes before turning away to look out the window. 

"Josh got to sit next to you last time," he mutters quietly.

I smile and turn back to him, seeing his arms crossed. He sees my smile and rolls his eyes before giving Josh an 'I win' smirk. 

I laugh at their pettiness as Josh sticks up his middle finger at him. 

Since that night, I feel more relaxed with them. So relaxed that I don't hesitate resting my head on Luka's shoulder when the coach sets off home. 

Maybe it's because they saw me naked. 

My eyes begin to close as I rest on his warm body, his thumb stroking my hand as he holds it. 

...

"Wake up, little one," Luka gently nudges me and I open my eyes. They flicker out of the window and I realise we are back home, about five minutes away from the school.

I lift my head from his shoulder and stretch out slightly, letting out a soft moan as my muscles relax. 

"Don't moan like that, darling, or I won't be responsible for my actions," Luka whispers in my ear, causing a shiver to run down my spine.