• CHAPTER • THIRTY •

"Did she say anything to him?" Luka asks me as we all sit down on the couch

"No, she mostly just sat next to him, with her head on him as he lay in a coma," I sigh, bringing my beer bottle to my lips. 

"She was so broken when you brought her back," Josh stares straight ahead. 

"There has got to be more to the story," Gabriel states, looking between us all. 

"I agree," I nod, taking another sip of beer.

We all sit in silence, pondering over Camille's situation whilst we drink.

"Hi," a small voice pulls us out of our individual daydreams. We all look over to the top of the stairs to see a tired looking Camille in one of our shirts, standing at the top. She is playing with her cast nervously and her eyes look raw from crying. 

Instinctively, I stand up and take long strides to reach her, immediately pulling her to my chest. She melts into me, grabbing onto my shirt as I stroke her hair. 

Planting a kiss on the top of her head, I lift her up, wrapping her legs around my waist and walking down the stairs. 

The others watch us, staring at her in concern as I sit down on the couch. 

She settles in my lap, curling up and keeping her head against my chest as she looks to the other three nervously. 

"Hey, little one," Luka moves to sit next to us, stroking her legs soothingly. She gives him a small smile before nestling her head more into my chest. 

I stroke her hair as I look to the three guys, having a silent conversation with them. 

Gabriel stands up, heading to the kitchen to make some food and Josh goes to grab her a drink. 

They both return, Josh kneeling in front of us and Gabriel sitting the other side with a bowl of pasta. 

She hesitantly takes the glass of water from Josh, taking small sips from it. She closes her eyes, letting the water travel down her probably aching throat from crying so much. 

She looks so fragile. 

Gabriel feeds her small mouthfuls of food, making me increasingly worried as she doesn't even fight to feed herself.

I hate her Dad for breaking her like this. 

"That's it, mon cœur," Gabriel encourages her as she opens her mouth for another bit of food. He feeds her and we all watch as she chews it. 

After a while, she shakes her head as Gabriel tries to feed her another mouthful and he puts the fork back in the bowl, placing it on the coffee table and grabbing one of her hands in his. 

"Are you tired, baby?" I ask her, planting a kiss on her forehead. 

She nods, snuggling into my chest. Luka looks to me with concern in his eyes and I fail to give him anything but the same reaction.