• CHAPTER • FOURTEEN •

I hate that I couldn't save her from falling

I hate that her friend did that to her.

I channel my anger through my fists, hitting the punching bag with extreme force. With every punch, my feelings calm.

It's always been the way I deal with my emotions. Being able to have an outlet like this really helps me. 

I'm not like the others. Ever since losing my sister, I've not let anyone in. The guys are the only exception. 

I can feel my knuckles bruising through my gloves. If the bag was a person, there is no way they would still be standing. 

With one final blow, I step away, my breath heavy. 

I couldn't protect my sister but I'm sure as hell going to try to protect Camille.

After showering to further clear my head, I dress in black jeans, black t-shirt and leather jacket, brushing my drying blonde hair. 

When Camille passed out, I'd slipped away from the room to go work out. 

I drive back to the hospital and enter the room, seeing her still asleep. 

I take a seat on the sofa, joining Gabriel. Josh sits on the doctor's stool opposite me. Zander still hasn't returned. We both are very similar in the way that we cannot deal with our emotions functionally.

He needs his time just like I need mine. 

We all look up to the door as the doctor walks in. 

"I need to put the cast on her arm but I can do it whilst she sleeps," she says to us, "What colour do you think she would want?"

"Pink," I say instantly. They all look at me, shock in Gabriel and Josh's eyes. 

They're used to me staying quiet, not bothering with small things like this. 

But I noticed Camille as soon as she walked into my class for the first time. 

Her pink accessories, pens and outfits all suggest it's her favourite colour. 

She looks so beautiful in pink, too. It matches her cheeks when she blushes for us. 

She's so cute when she blushes. 

If she were to blush for anyone but the four of us, I don't know what I'd do.

Something violent, definitely. 

"Are you sure?" Josh asks me, pulling me away from my thoughts.

I nod my head.

I've never been so sure of anything.

"Okay, pink it is," Gabriel says to the doctor.

We all watch in silence as she puts the cast on her arm.