1: Simula

HER POV

"Wow. You look absolutely stunning, Princess Neazhoi," Ada exclaimed as she entered my room.

I responded with a smile and turned to admire my reflection in the mirror once more.

"I appreciate all your help, but you may leave now." I politely dismissed the Ypireties (maids) who assisted me with dressing up.

"Certainly, Your Royal Highness," they replied in unison before exiting the room.

"How do I look, Ada?" I asked, keeping my eyes fixed on the mirror. I saw myself sparkling in a beautiful red satin sweetheart ball gown adorned with various diamonds and lace appliques that accentuated my fair skin, along with long gloves detailed with red lace appliques.

My hair, styled in a charming updo with a side braid, loose strands, and dazzling diamond embellishments, was a striking contrast against my black locks.

"You look absolutely stunning, Royal Princess," Ada complimented, causing me to chuckle before turning to face her.

"You are fooling me again, Ada."

She quickly waved her hands in front of her, her eyes widening.

"Oh, no, Royal Princess Neazhoi," she exclaimed. Raising her right hand, she continued, "I swear, you look breathtaking. I speak only the truth, from the heart."

Amused by her antics, I shook my head and responded, "Alright, I trust you."

Drawing closer, Ada admired my appearance and remarked, "Wow, Your Highness will captivate many hearts!!!." prompting me to shake my head lightly once more.

A knock at the door interrupted our conversation, and it swung open.

"Your Royal Highness, the celebration is about to start," announced the Head Ypireties.

I nodded, inviting Ada to accompany me out of the chamber as we made our way to the grand hall, where my eighteenth birthday celebration awaited. A retinue of Ypireties trailed behind me while soldiers stood guard along the red carpet. Standing before the door, I took a deep breath.

Happy 18th birthday to me! Finally, I've reached the age of adulthood!

"The Royal Princess of Ypsistos Kingdom, Royal Princess Neazhoi Ypsis!" proclaimed the royal announcer as the door swung open wide.

All eyes turned towards me as I descended the staircase to the beautiful strains of music.

Smiling at the guests, I looked around the magnificent Grand Hall, adorned with exquisite decorations and blooming flowers.

Among the attendees were various royal figures—dukes, princes, princesses, queens, kings, and affluent individuals from diverse kingdoms. The King Father greeted me, taking my left hand as he bowed, and I curtsied in return. I saw his tearful eyes, and I chuckled because of that.

"Why are you crying, Papa?" I asked.

"Nothing," he replied, shaking his head while wiping away the tears from his eyes.

"Papa?" I called.

He shook his head and stopped crying. "Hahaha... I'm just sad that my daughter has finally grown up. It feels like just yesterday you were a bubbly and fussy baby. Now... I'll patiently wait until I can walk you down the aisle and pass on my crown," he expressed with a frown, enlarging his nostrils.

I furrowed my brows and chuckled softly.

"Papa, it's my 18th birthday, but your mind is already about my marriage. You want me to get married right away. That's unlikely to happen, isn't it? And even if it does, I won't leave your side. I'll always be your favorite and lovely daughter," I remarked, smiling at him.