14: Punong Polktuga

I departed from the cottage after putting on the beige dress given to me by Nunong Haikuri earlier, embodied by a textured shine and adorned with a button placket bodice, along with a short train. It has a short train, I think, with a yard length that kisses the ground and a square neck. The dress has a ruffled hemline that sways with the wind and a functional tie at the back. Adorned with bishop sleeves and center-front button plackets while my hair cascades freely in the breeze.

I noticed that I have some white strands of hair, but Nunong Haikuri said it might just be an effect of my stay here in Eyonnios or the medicines I have taken since I was born in a different world. It makes me curious, but I didn't give more importance to it. After all, it's not bad either. It actually looks nice.

I found Nunong Haikuri outside, who had been waiting for me.

Seriously, there is something peculiar about her behavior today.

She turned towards me as she sensed my presence and carefully examined my attire, all while maintaining a stoic expression.

"Wear this," she instructed, passing me a brown cloak made of a highly textured fabric. It seems as though it could cause wound if it came into contact with my skin.

"Take this. It is very important. Handle it with care," she instructed, handing me an aged, tattered bag.

I clutched the item she passed to me, embracing it closely. "What is this, Nunong Haikuri? Why must I dress like this? Are we going somewhere?" I inquired.

"Yes." That was all she answered.

"Pardon? Where to? And why do you need me to accompany you?" I'm too lazy to leave the house. Why was I involved? Typically, Nunong Haikuri ventured out of the hut alone, leaving me and Pula behind.

"Because they are waiting for you. Come on," she urged, initiating our journey.

Confusion clouded my thoughts at her words. They're waiting for me. Who is waiting for me? And where exactly are we headed?

Bewildered and intrigued, I trailed behind her as we embarked on our walk, leaving Pula behind at Nunong Haikuri's hut for reasons unbeknownst to me. Normally, she would bring Pula along or leave him with me, but this time the chicken was left alone in the hut. I didn't know that in this era, they used chickens instead of dogs to guard the house. 

We continued our journey on foot, with Nunong Haikuri leading the way and me following closely behind. Glancing at the bag clutched in my hands, I noticed it was lightweight yet remained unsure of its contents. The object felt solid, resembling a box.

Hmm, where could our destination be?

***

Someone's POV

I have been observing them for a considerable period. Regrettably, I am unable to approach her at this moment due to the presence of the elderly lady by her side.

*smirks*

"Hehehe. I finally found you."

I have been in search of her for numerous days, starting from the first day when she caught my attention. Her mesmerizing blue eyes have been etched in my memory since then. Her lengthy hair, which I presumed exuded a delightful fragrance akin to heaven, along with her flawless and robust physique, which I anticipated with eagerness to caress and engage with,

"Heheheh. Indeed. Before long, you will belong to me."

My muscles were in a state of incessant trembling as I envisioned the scenarios that would unfold once they became mine.

Hihihi...

"Arhhhh...Ahhhh... Hehehe... I eagerly await the moment when I will hear your pleas and cries."

There are a few moments left. Just a little longer, and you shall be in my possession.

***

Ghianna's POV

"The chosen Hinirang?"

"Indeed, Ghianna, she has returned. The person for whom we have waited for a long time is now here." 

I am still unable to fathom the return of the Chosen Hinirang. It has been five thousand years that have passed. Until now, the discussions with the Old Hag from yesterday linger in my thoughts.

"She is currently under my protection."

Speech eluded me momentarily. I found myself at a loss for words, overwhelmed by the situation.

"Oh, then why are you disclosing this information just now?" Those were the only words I could muster, seeking to conceal my emotions.

After five thousand years, for what reason?

Hirang... Why?

"The current state of the Chosen Hinirang is not favorable."

Although taken aback initially, a smile quickly replaced my surprise.

"Could it be that upon her first return, she almost died easily? Tss, might it be that the King immediately became aware of her presence?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

It appears that her second existence has transformed her into a feeble and foolish being.

"You are correct. The Chosen Hinirang is currently displaying weakness. But no. The King remains unaware of her return. , and you are well aware of what will happen when he does. She is a traveler hailing from a different world."

One moment. What exactly did she mention?

"A traveler from a different world?"

I do not comprehend her statement. I must have heard it wrong. 

"Yes, indeed. She originated from an alternate realm and found herself in our time as a result of her predetermined fate.While her physical form remains weak, her emotional well-being is yet to recover from the aftermath of failing to return to her world. This failure has deeply affected her, compounded by a perilous encounter where a monster takes advantage of her situation and nearly ends her life. It was through my medical expertise that we narrowly prevented losing her once more. The burden of being unable to save her father and homeland from war left her feeling betrayed by destiny, intensifying her resentment towards it."

Silence enveloped me as I absorbed the revelations.