4: Pulang Dragon

Suddenly, someone pulled my arm.

"Follow with me. It is not safe here," uttered the mysterious person.

I found myself speechless as she guided me to a hiding spot behind the trees. We both sit down, witnessing the mayhem unfolding outside - a chaotic battle between humans and a colossal bird from nowhere.

"T-thank you," I managed to express my gratitude. Despite the dimness obscuring her face and the concealment of her features, her feminine tone was obvious. Or perhaps I was mistaken, much like with the stout man I encountered earlier.

"You are welcome," she replied nonchalantly, fixated on the unfolding spectacle outside. Her demeanor gives off familiarity with such occurrences, without any trace of fear or surprise. Meanwhile, I was on the brink of hysteria, facing terrifying creatures that left me trembling and breathless.

"Wait." I frowned. "Why are you helping me? Aren't you afraid of me? You said I'm a monster." I raised an eyebrow at her because I had just recalled what they had done to me earlier. 

She looked at me from head to toe, like judging my soul, then smirked while frowning.
"You do bear quite the resemblance to a monster," she remarked, leaving me dumbfounded.

Seriously? Me? Resembling a monster?

"That beast is dangerous," she gestured towards the bird struggling to break free from the tied rope, "And it appears to be solely fixated on you. Is there any way you are connected to it?" she asked.

Still grappling with her earlier remark, I pushed it aside to maintain composure. I shook my head and exhaled, "Duh! It's my first time to witness such a bird. I don't even have any idea such creatures existed. Furthermore, I'm clueless as to why that creature is after me. Kainis!" I added, sighing deeply.

"I cannot quite grasp the meaning behind your words.," she stated with a furrowed brow.

I felt baffled.

"Huh?" Which word does she mean? The "kainis" word?

“Tch, just be quiet.”

Once more, her words left me speechless. Excuse me? I am a royal princess. How dare you command me to shut up!? I suppressed my annoyance and chose to let her comment slide for the second time, prioritizing my mental well-being. This girl was really not normal. Stay calm, Neazhoi. Perhaps they are unaware of your royal status. Patience... Breathe…

"Tch." I merely hissed in response.

Ignoring her, I gazed outside. The bird continues to resist being tied down, causing even more damage due to its immense size. Numerous properties have suffered damage.

"Chief, the bird is incredibly powerful. The troops among us are having a hard time keeping it under control." one of the villagers said.

Glancing left, I observed a group of individuals who were talking.

"Our troops won't endure for much longer, Chief. We must keep the monster away from the village!"

"Numerous homes have been damaged. We must think of an alternative action immediately ."

"Chief, there are many wounded among our troops."

I looked around. Many people are very scared, especially children desperately seeking their mothers. The wounded cried out in pain, while some houses blazed with fire and others lay in ruins, including destroyed crops. Chaos and devastation filled the surroundings, with cries for help echoing everywhere.

Regret and sorrow consumed me.

"Mother! We have lost our home." A mother and daughter embraced each other in tears within their damaged small house.

"Father! Please wake up!" mourned a child grieving the loss of a loved one.

"Help! My son needs help." A father pleaded, carrying his unconscious child.

"Mother! Where are you? Hu hu hu, Mother!"