26: Sine Talulot

" Hehehe....."

That voice again...

" Hehehhe....."

That familiar laughter echoes once more.

"Yahhhh!!!!"

With the sword, I cut off the hand of a black creature with all my might that attacked me. He acted very quickly, and I could almost not see his movements as if he were not a human.

"Agh!"

I see myself writhing in pain as its claws pierce my body, hurling me to the ground. The surroundings grew dimmer, and at any moment, I could feel that my body would collapse and I would lose consciousness. That creature is very big and powerful. And very fast!

Struggling to stand with a body battered and bloodied, I tightly grasp my sword. I can't recognize myself, looking at the black man I do not know with furious and teary eyes. His face remains concealed-a menacing silhouette with a malevolent grin. Raising my sword, I aim it towards him.

" Hehehe..."

Gradually, his features come into focus, revealing a dark, monstrous figure with thin, noodle-like hair and three large, red eyes fixated on me, where his thoughts and thirst reflect on them. His feral appearance, complete with sharp teeth and drooling saliva, resembles that of a rabid beast. Surrounded by a black aura, his spider-like body twitches with a dangling, bloodied tongue.

I know him.

I-A monster.

A monster was in front of me!

"Kekekekeke"

"Agh!!"

Once again, I am thrown through the air by his swift attack.

Blood paints a grim picture across the scene.

I remember him! He was the one who attacked me after running away from the cave. But why is this happening again?

"Agh..!"

"Haa...Haa...Hm! Argh!..."

I bleed more as I try to move.

"Kekekeke."

The monster twists its head unnaturally, the cracking sound devoid of any hint of pain, only twisted delight.

"Kekekke"

What a f*cking demon! How am I supposed to kill him? Will I die finally? Nunong Haikuri is still not coming back from her mission. I am not in Bayan ng Pag-asa. I will die at this rate!

"Guh!"

I can't stand up anymore. Numbness spreads through my entire being. I unstably cough blood, causing the internal wounds to throb with agony.

Pain...

I'm in so much pain!

"Ahhh!!!"

The demon gripped my hair tighter as I screamed at the top of my lungs. I have no energy left. I can't even lift a finger. My body is tired. My eyelids could shut at any moment as my eyes teared from the pain I was experiencing.

Pain...

"Kekekekeke.."

But suddenly, words escaped my lips, yet I found myself unable to comprehend or hear them. The reason behind uttering those words remained a mystery to me, almost as if I had known them beforehand. I just saw myself saying something on my lips.

My palm suddenly lit up, and I pointed it at him.

"ME!!!"

In an instant, the surroundings illuminated brightly. A surge of heat coursed through my body until it gradually dissipated along with the light, draining my remaining strength.