28: Misteryosong Lalaki

The platinum dress has a hem that falls right at the ankle, and the sleeve reaches my elbow due to its loose ruffle style with a 2-inch pattern at the end. 2 inches from the bottom of the hem are thin patterns similar to the sleeves. It also has a pattern on the collar area, front, and waist area. The front has no button-up to the waist, so I wear white bottom clothes to cover my chest area. 

I wanted to french braid my hair, but I didn't know how to do it myself. I decided to just leave my hair down and use a piece of cloth as a hairband.

I don't know if I did well with the band, but I tried my best. That's better than plain hair.

Upon checking myself, I still felt dissatisfied with my outfit.

"Something seems to be missing," I pondered.

" Ohhh I know... jewelry..." 

I took the necklace Kuya Ato gave me and put it on. It seems that the necklace fits well with what I'm wearing. Punong Polktuga also presented me with two pairs of sandals and a pair of boots. The flat sandals have exposed ends, resembling shoes without toe covers but secured with ties. The other sandals are slipper-like but with covered tips.

Soon after putting on the slippers, a knock came from the door.

"Neazhio, are you prepared?" I overheard Shika saying.

"Coming!"

I swung the door open widely to welcome her. She gazed at me for a moment, examining me from head to toe.

"Shika?" I called out to her, as she seemed different.

Was there something odd about me? I knew these Ypsistos clothes weren't suitable for me!

"Tss, you are taking forever."

She rolled her eyes at me and departed.

Haisttt... hot-tempered as always

I trailed behind her to the location of today's event. A crowd had already gathered, eagerly awaiting the commencement of the program. Ylmaro joined us, taking a seat on one of the benches. We were positioned at the front, providing us with a clear view of the stage.

In front of us was a stage with five seats and a long table. Three individuals, two men and one woman, occupied the seats, leaving two vacant.

To the left, five elders were seated. On the right, men were seated, one of whom I noticed was carrying a sword.

"Are you still not coming?" Ylmaro suddenly inquired Shika.

"No," she replied solemnly.

I was curious about their conversation. Shika appeared to be intensely focused on what lay ahead. I heard Ylmaro let out a sigh.

As the audience grew more attentive, I glanced up to the top of the stage, where Chief Polktuga was seated in the middle chair, with one seat remaining empty.

Who is occupying the other seat?

"A warm and cheerful greeting to the citizens present here today at our gathering. Happy Krishiri Festival to each one of us!!"

The speaker began the ceremony on the main stage, and the audience responded to his greeting with shouts and applause.

The host gestured for the crowd to quiet down. Once the crowd hushed, he proceeded with his speech.

"Tonight, we are gathered to commemorate a significant occasion dedicated to expressing appreciation and admiration for our revered and magnificent mother nature, the goddess of nature Krishiri... We gather together every night of the festival to recite, recount, and share the history of our nature goddess Krishiri..."

The one in front of us just kept talking. Even though I didn't understand what they were saying, I was still attentive.

Krishiri, the nature goddess... They truly hold great reverence for that goddess. I wonder how she would appear if she were real.

After the opening remarks, individuals in attire that seemed tribal ascended the stage. The men were attired in minimal clothing, showcasing blue tattoos on their biceps, while the women wore plain white outfits with vine belts. Each woman sported distinct colored flowers on her wrist. The drums near the stage resonated, and the costumed individuals began their performance.

"Neazhio, are you alright?"