23: Unggoy

"Hurry up." My focus shifted to Shika. She is moving swiftly, prompting me to adjust my pace and follow closely behind her. We arrived at a densely wooded area that resembled a forest, although I believe we were still within the town limits. We are quite distant from the villages, and I am unsure of our destination, as if we are heading towards a secluded spot where anyone wouldn't see or hear us.

I stopped.

What if...

My eyes widened at the thought.

"No...no..."

Shika noticed that I had stopped walking.

"Oh, why did you stop?" she asked with a frown.

No way...

How could you?

"Shika, what are you scheming-"

Even before I finished speaking, a weird grin immediately formed on her lips. I glanced at the satchel in her possession and then back at Shika.

F*ck...

A secluded place. An unknown item in her satchel. This place is the perfect place to kill someone without anyone knowing. She can't be serious, right?

"Um, Shika..."

She continues to wear an eerie smile, as if plotting something terribly sinister. As she moved closer, I instinctively took a step back.

"N-No..."

"Why, Neazhoi? You looked frightened," she asked with a weird expression on her face while taking something from the satchel.

She stepped forward, and I took another step back. I need to run away from her.

"Pftt... hahahaha!!!!"

My brow furrowed instantly at her loud laughter in response to my reaction. She nearly lost her balance and fell, laughing and holding her stomach.

"What the hell?!"

"Hahahahaha! You... Hahaha! You look so funny, Neazhoi! Hahahaha! "

"What in the world... you're just teasing me!.. Do you realize how anxious I was?!" I exclaimed, irritated by her antics.

I was on the verge of running away,and then it turned out that she was only making nonsense in her mind. TSS,

"Hahaha..." she continued to laugh as if there were no tomorrow, paying no mind to my words.

"Tss, bwisit! I hate you! I'm heading home!" I was about to depart when she interjected, hands on her hips like a boss.

"Oh, really? You are going to put on that dramatic face and then bother me again?" She rolled her eyes, leaving me puzzled.

I bother you again? And who exactly dragged me here while I was perfectly fine in my room? Shouldn't it be 'bothering me'? She's the one who disturbs me in the morning and still has the audacity to scare me. What a crazy person!

"Huh? What are you-?"

"You know it is your fault, do you not? Have you bumped your head and started having strange thoughts?" she remarked, arching an eyebrow.

I remained silent. Why did I even think that? But she's acting weird. That's why I thought-

"Tss, by the look on your face, it is clear you harbor negative thoughts about me. Even if I were to harm you, I would not benefit in any way, you know?" She stated, arms crossed, looking at me from head to toe. Wait, her gaze seems familiar. Where have I seen that expression before? In Ghianna's face?