8: Puntod

I am extremely delighted. I am truly happy now.

I can finally return home! There are no more monsters. There is no more heavy work! At last, I will be able to enjoy the soft bed and delicious foods I have been longing for. I just hope the King of Bellum didn't do anything bad to Father. I can't wait to go back to the cave to go home!

My emotions are uncontrollable due to the overwhelming happiness and excitement. If it's possible, I would leave right now, but there might be monsters on the way, so it's safer to go there with Nunong Haikuri.

"Scream louder, and I will place you with the dead hand." She threatened me, causing me to fall silent and sweat.

Absolutely not! Just the thought of that dead hand makes me nauseous and sends shivers down my spine.

"Ah, hehe. It's unnecessary. Alright, Nunong Haikuri, I am going to sleep. Good night," I uttered awkwardly before reclining on the firm bed with a smile on my face.

I promptly covered myself with a blanket and shut my eyes. I can no longer endure the discomfort of the bed because I know this will be the last time I lay on a hard and uncomfortable bed. I was shouting with joy mentally.

"Tss," I heard her hiss.

Good night...

*poke poke*

"Nunong Haikuri, wake up."

"Nunong Haikuri. It's morning."

Nunong Haikuri turned towards me, still lying down, with her eyes shut.

"What are you mumbling about over there? You are like a buzzing bee. Go back to sleep," she remarked as if drunken with her eyes closed.

"Nunong Haikuri, it's morning. You said I should wake up early, didn't you? Nunong Haikuri, let's head to the cave," I softly said while gently rocking her. However, she was unwilling to listen.

Hmm! She wants me to wake up early, so I go to bed early. I couldn't sleep well because of what she said. I can't wait to go home.

"Nunong Haikuri. You told me to wake up early, yet you are still asleep," I grumbled.

Nunong Haikuri finally opened her eyes. I sat beside her bed, frowning.

"Tss." She rose from the bed and stood up.

Her long hair cascading down to the floor makes her resemble a dark little lady. She strolled to the window and glanced inside.

"You are truly stubborn, you child! It is still the middle of the night! You disturbed my sleep!" Nunong Haikuri scolded me as I scurried away.

"Wahh!!! Huhu.. It's already light outside! It's morning!" I exclaimed and retreated to the corner, feeling very anxious.

*BOKKK...BOK-BOK.*

Even the rooster outside, whose crow I could hear, woke up due to the loudness of my voice. She pointed the stick she was holding towards me.

"What do you mean, morning?! The moon is only bright. It will be a while before the sun rises! You're an abnormal child. If you can't wait to go home, leave on your own. Do not disturb my sleep! You!!" Her words were filled with anger.

Nunong Haikuri is very scary if she's angry. I forgot that this old woman even managed to defeat the dragon. I felt uneasy as she entered the dark room. Soon after, I leaped up and hurriedly moved away from her.

"Nunong Haikuri, I apologize! I promise not to repeat it! Huhu!" I sobbed, but my tears were of no help as I attempted to plead with her.

"You need to learn a lesson!" She stated, bringing the dead man's hand closer to mine.