24: Batis

After a minute, Shika arrived. I'm still soaking in the stream, making bubbles through my mouth. She tosses me some kind of clay wrapped in a leaf.

"What is this?" I asked.

"Soap and paste for teeth," she answered, then placed her other belongings on the blanket beside the rock where my clothes lay.

Soap and toothpaste? All I see is clay here, which I assume is the soap. Where's the toothpaste?

"Shika, there is only soap here," I said, showing her what appeared to be clay on the leaf.

Don't tell me this is what I'll also use for my teeth.

"Tss, you are referring to the paste, Neazhoi. That is what is used for cleaning teeth and hair. The leaves are the soap," she explained as if I were an ignorant creature.

Well, I am not very familiar with this.

"This leaf is the soap? How?" I asked in astonishment. Is she pulling a prank on me again?

She arched her eyebrows.

"You... you know... where are you really from, and you do not even know simple things?" she remarked.

"Is this your first time using soap and paste? That would explain why you smell like wilted Lucerna," she commented, making me offended. 

I have no idea how wilted Lucerna smells, but it is certainly not pleasant. Obviously, I am unaware because I use high-quality products in my kingdom, and in Nunong Haikuri, she provides me with potions or herbal soaps, which seem more conventional than this clay and leaf.

"Well, this is different than what I used in Nunong Haikuri or at home," I honestly admitted, causing her to roll her eyes.

"Tss, it is because you are too sheltered at home and lack basic survival skills in the wilderness. Come... I will show you how to use them," she said, motioning for me to approach her.

I simply sigh at her temperament and demeanor. I'll just allow her words to pass because I need a refreshing bath.

As I approached, I halted immediately upon realizing my total nudity. Despite both being girls, naturally, I am also self-conscious about her seeing me uncovered in sensitive areas.

"Ah... Shika, why don't you join me for a bath here? The water is nice. It's not cold. You should come over." I extended the invitation. I would feel less awkward if we were both unclothed.

"Pftt... feeling shy, are you?"

She chuckled softly, then disrobed, retaining only her undergarments, consisting of a cloth band around her chest and undergarment bloomer-spat-shorts, joining me in the bath. I feel somewhat more at ease being naked together, even though she still has some undergarments on, and I observed that she displayed no embarrassment whatsoever.

"Now, let me demonstrate how to use it."

She instructed me on using toothpaste, which also serves as shampoo. We simply need to moisten the clay slightly and apply it directly to our teeth. She provided me with a small stick with one end slightly loosened, and I used that stick as a brush.

"See this brush-like end?" she asked as she presented her improvised brush. "Rub it on your teeth with the paste," she directed.

"Okay."

I just follow what she's telling me since she's also doing it. Honestly, the stick has a minty taste, the clay is sour, and the stick effectively does its job.

"This is better than what I use in Nunong Haikuri and at home. Where did you get this? Amazing..." I remarked after brushing my teeth.

My mouth now feels fresh and clean. Great!!!

"Indeed. This is what people used in ancient times. This stick... is sourced from the Yabas tree branches. It can only be found in the wild. I stumbled upon some while foraging earlier."

She also instructed me on how to make shampoo. Utilizing the leftover clay, she plucked a yellow flower resembling a morning glory flower by the stream and mashed it with the clay. She provided me with a sticky yet fragrant liquid from the crushed flowers and clay.

I witnessed her happily applying the remaining product to her hair, appearing content with her creation, so I did the same. I massaged and lathered it into my hair. It emits a fragrant scent, reminiscent of sweet, luscious honey.

"Let it sit in your hair. Come, I will show you something interesting," she said, tugging my left arm out of the water.

"W-wait... uhmmm... I'm fully naked." I stammered slightly, pulling my arm back from her grasp.

"And? I am too," she remarked, glancing at her chest and then mine, both submerged in the water.

"But you still have covers. I'm not wearing anything."

"Ugh, we are both girls. Are you still feeling shy? Hah... I also have those two coconuts and a flower, you know?" she remarked, still holding onto me and making a sarcastic expression.

"Alright. Tss."

Well, in Ypsistos, I usually bathe naked in front of the Royal Ypireties. I'll just pretend that the person I'm with is Nefrizane.

She helped me out of the water, revealing every part of my body. The chilly breeze caused a slight shiver as water droplets fell from me. I caught a glimpse of Shika's buttocks in her wet shorts, which lessened my embarrassment. What a fat ass!