19: Shika

Neazhoi's POV

"Just tell me if you dislike the food. No need to pretend." I looked at Shika, who was frowning at me.

"What do you mean?" 

"Why the grimace? You seem like you have tasted something sour," she remarked.

Setting down my spoon, I sighed. I was not aware that she had noticed my discomfort.

"It's my arm. It's hurting. Probably from the fall earlier when I injured it," I explained, showing her my bandaged arm.

Her frown vanished upon hearing my explanation.

"Oh, is that it? You should have mentioned it earlier. I would not have scolded you if you had informed me beforehand," she sighed.

After the meal, I sat on the bed, still feeling the pain in my arm. Later, Shika joined me, taking a seat beside me.

"Let me have a look," she said, reaching for my right arm without a word.

I was caught off guard by her as she carefully removed the bandage from my arm.

"Hey, what are you doing?" I asked, surprised.

Continuing to unwrap the bandage, she explained, "It seems like you injured your arm badly. I need to examine it."

"What do you know about treating injuries?" I questioned, eyeing her suspiciously.

She stopped what she was doing and met my gaze with a serious expression.

"I know enough. Just stay still," she said before resuming her examination of my arm.

I remained silent, observing her closely as she inspected my arm with a sense of purpose. I decided not to interrupt her, hoping she could alleviate the pain in my arm.

Third Person's POV

* knock! knock! knock! *

Ghianna heard a knock at the door but continued staring out the window, aware of who stood on the other side. The door slowly opened, revealing Mejan.

"Puno," he saluted the leader before turning to Ghianna and presenting her with a feather.

"A letter from Nunong Haikuri," he informed. Ghianna accepted the letter, gently removing the paper from the feather and reading its contents silently.

My journey has begun.
I hope Neazhio is in good condition.

After reading the brief letter, she burned it, along with the feather, in a metal container where there was a dancing flame. Its flames reflect the desire and power in her eyes. Nunong Haikuri and that foreign girl—she knew that girl was a significant individual to her mentor now. She felt that sensation once more, as if the past kept haunting her each time she remembered everything that was connected to being Hinirang. Those flames are what drove her to build this town and carve out her legacy.

"Should we not dispatch warriors to aid her, Puno?" Mejan inquired, yet his voice bore no trace of worry. However, concern was evident in his eyes for their leader.

"No. Tanda does not wish for anyone to meddle with her missions." Mejan simply nodded in agreement with Ghianna's decision. They are aware of Haikuri and her capabilities unless she encounters formidable creatures lurking on Mount Iberesto.

"How are the tasks I gave you? Is the girl alright?" 

"The smoke had dissipated by the time I reached her quarters. It seems like Shika helped her," Mejan answered.

Her gaze sharpened, shifting in a different direction.

"Remarkable. She would even set a house ablaze in my town," she remarked, annoyed.

It had only been a day since Neazhio had arrived in the Bayan ng Pag-asa, and Ghianna found herself irritated by the trouble he caused early in the morning. Thankfully, she made the right choice by assigning Neazhoi a room near her daughter, as she was confident that Shika would assist her promptly if needed, despite her daughter's challenging nature.

She looked back at the person she was talking to. “How has Shika's protection been? ”

"They reported that Shika stayed in her room." Mejan replied to what Ghianna was referring to.

Mejan, Ghianna's most dependable person, was entrusted with monitoring Shika's movements. While she desired to fulfill this duty herself, her daughter had a closer bond with Mejan, and as the Punong Polktuga of the town, she had numerous responsibilities to attend to.

Ghianna nodded, but she knew that she should not let her guard down. She's aware of Shika's strong-willed nature, and Ghianna knows that her daughter would go to great lengths to pursue her desires, even if they conflicted with Ghianna's wishes. She must stop and control her daughter, no matter what.