[XXVII] A Date

Chapter Twenty Seven: A Date

Miyuki sat on her bed debating what she should wear. She believed Law when he said he loved her yesterday and she believed his explanation of why he said what he did. But her heart still hurt. Today, Law was taking her out on their first official date. And last night, he had officially told the crew that they were seeing each other. Not that the crew hadn't already discovered the pair's obvious feelings for one another. Even so, the crew feigned surprise in an obvious manner which managed to piss Law off.

She couldn't decide what to wear. Should she dress casual, with her usual clothes, or more formal? Law hadn't given her any indication of what they would be doing. Miyuki glanced over at her makeup. What should she do?

Frustrated with her inability to make a decision, Miyuki got up. She strode over to Ikkaku's door and knocked. It was only a matter of seconds before the door opened. "Yuki! What's up?"

Miyuki grabbed Ikkaku's hand and drug her into Miyuki's room. "I need your help," Miyuki admitted. Ikkaku glanced around Miyuki's room, noticing the pile of clothes on her bed. Ikkaku smiled.

"Getting ready for your date?" She teased. Miyuki sheepishly nodded. "Why don't you wear that dress I bought you a while ago? You've never worn it." Ikkaku dug through Miyuki's dresser, first finding the yellow Yukata and next to it the blue dress.

Ikkaku lifted it up to show Miyuki. Miyuki blushed lightly. "I've never worn a dress before." She mumbled. Ikkaku knew she shouldn't have been surprised but her eyes still widened.

"It's easy to put on," Ikkaku reassured. "All you have to do is unzip it and step inside. I can zip it back up for you." Miyuki nodded, accepting the dress from Ikkaku's hands.

Ikkaku had guessed correctly when she bought the dress, it fit Miyuki perfectly. It was Miyuki's favorite shade of light blue. It stopped around mid thigh and was covered in floral lace. The dress was off the shoulder, with short, flowing lace sleeves and two spaghetti straps. Miyuki didn't have to bother with a bra since the dress had one built in. It may put her shoulder scar on display, but it was perfect. She looked beautiful.

"What about shoes?"

"Good point. Your boots are obviously out. You own a pair of sneakers, don't you?" Miyuki nodded, grabbing the shoes. They were white slip ons. "Perfect!" Ikkaku smiled.

Now that Miyuki was fully dressed, she realized that she had other things to worry about: makeup and hair. Her hair had grown since she joined the Heart Pirates. It now sat well past her shoulders and her bangs had grown out. She felt the need to cut it.

Miyuki had plenty of practice cutting her own hair over the years. But that didn't stop Ikkaku from watching in horror through her fingers as Miyuki chopped away at it. Soon her hair was lightly brushing the top of her shoulders again and her bangs were parted and nicely framing her face.

"Would you like me to do your makeup?" Ikkaku's voice was shaky. She was still in shock that Miyuki had the guts to cut her own hair on the day of her first date. One mishap could have been a disaster. Miyuki nodded, thanking her only other female crew member.

Miyuki gave herself one last look over in the mirror. She was surprised to see that Ikkaku had done blue eyeshadow to match her dress, but even more to see how well it suited her. She looked great. Her heart pounded with anticipation. Right on cue, there was a knock at her door. Ikkaku gave her a reassuring smile and a thumbs up as Miyuki opened the door.

Law froze when he saw her. Momentarily unable to move or breathe. It was like when he saw her at the festival all over again. But when his eyes found the right side of her head he frowned. The snowflake she always wore was missing. The snowflake he had given her.