Chapter 17

Chapter 17: Mudblood, Deathday, and Writing On The Wall

Harry walked groggily on his first Saturday morning at Hogwarts. The first thing he wanted to do on his weekend was sleep in before visiting Hagrid at his hut for tea, checking on the half-giant and Norbert to see how he was handling the Firestorm Wyvern. However, those plans changed as Oliver Wood woke Harry and the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team up at the crack of dawn just to get as much practice for his new training program. 'I love Quidditch as much as any other witch or wizard, but can't he at least wait till we are closer to the season,' Harry yawned, wishing he had a cup of coffee right now.

"Sorry for waking everyone up so early, but I'm excited," Oliver Wood apologized to everyone as they were in their uniforms and carrying their equipment.

Everyone was groggy and yawned as they marched through the halls. "I mean, we all love this game, but at least let us have something to eat before we start practice," Harry said, wishing he had a slice of toast at minimum.

"Yeah, Wood. What's got you ready to fly into the sunrise," Katie questioned.

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program," Oliver told the rest of the Gryffindor Quidditch team. "We're going to train earlier, harder, and longer. Help us take the Quidditch Cup after our star Seeker was in the hospital wing last year." Hearing that, Harry and the others nodded as they did want to compete in every match they could for the year.

Stepping out of the castle's halls and seeing the Quidditch pitch in the distance, the 2nd-year Seeker smiled. Harry missed being in the air as it was one of the few things he couldn't do back home in Hell with the turf wars going on and the Kingpins gaining more territories to seize control or make it to Overlord status. Holding his Nimbus 2000, Harry was about ready to race off against Fred and George on foot. "Wait for us, Harry," Fred exclaimed.

"No flying off on your broom, either," George added with a smirk just as Ron and Hermione were seen approaching the team, likely to watch the practice for themselves. While at the Burrow, Harry bunked with Ron and saw that his room was covered in wallpaper and posters depicting his favorite Quidditch team, the Chudley Cannons. Harry thought that meant Ron wanted to try and join the team as well, so he and the twins were fine with the youngest Weasley brother watching the practice. "Come on, Ron. You could learn a thing or two if you want to join the team someday," George told his little brother.

As the team went by, Harry noticed a familiar housemate with a camera running up toward the team. "Look over here, Harry," Colin shouted excitedly as he continued to take photos of the Boy Who Lived and some of the Gryffindor team.

"Looks like Harry can't escape the press here either," Fred joked as he and everyone else saw the blond-haired 11-year-old.

'Now I know the feeling Mom gets when she's surrounded by fans and the paparazzi,' Harry thought to himself as he tried to continue training with his team.

Suddenly, Oliver's mood soured when he saw another group of students heading their way. "What? I don't believe it," Wood muttered as he saw the Slytherin Quidditch team. "Where do you think you're going, Flint?"

"Quidditch practice," Marcus Flint stated like it was obvious.

"I booked the pitch for Gryffindor today. We even got up early to do so," Oliver stated, giving the other captain a firm glare.

"Easy, Wood," Flint smirked, showing his mismatched teeth. "I have a specially signed note here from Professor Snape," still grinning as he held out the yellow parchment to the Griffindor captain.

"I smell trouble," Ron muttered to Hermione

Wood unfolded the piece of paper and looked it over alongside the rest of the team. "I, Professor Severus Snape, do hereby give the Slytherin team permission to practice today, owing to train their new Seeker," he read aloud. "You have a new Seeker? Who?"