Chapter 24

Chapter 24: Summer Vacation

"Felt like forever since I was back home," Harry said as he saw they were at the front gates of Morningstar Manor. The many red bushes were cleanly shaped by the family gardener, a tall hockey-masked sinner who was currently cutting away at a stubborn shrub with a machete. 'Seems like Chase wanted to make sure the hedges look nice before I came back,' he thought to himself as they passed Cerberus' doghouse. As they passed the building that was about the same size as Hagrid's hut, the giant three-headed black pitbull started barking at the familiar sight of his family as the limo pulled in near the front entrance of the manor.

Lucifer was the first one to step out of the limousine, followed by Lilith and Charlie. Harry was the last one out as the Morningstars walked up the stone steps while Razzle and Dazzle parked the limo in the garage. "Are you ready, son," Lucifer asked Harry as they were in front of the door.

Harry looked at the oak door with the apple-designed stained glass windows in front of him. His stomach did a flip or two before he cleaned his throat and took deep breaths. "Yeah, I'm ready."

"Alright. In we go," Lucifer said before opening the door, allowing Harry to step in first.

"SURPRISE!"

Harry was taken aback as he saw Stolas, Octavia, Stella, Loona, Blitzo, Millie, Moxie, and Verosika gathered around the hall with a welcome back banner hanging. "Wait, what is all this?"

"It's a celebration in honor of you killing a motherfucking Basilisk," Lucifer told his boy. "Plus, this makes up for your birthday. Now go talk to your friends and enjoy yourself. I have a new cook to keep tabs on," he said slapping his son on the back which made the Prince of Hell step forward to where his friends were standing.

Harry was practically pushed forward as he was right in front of the three demon women. "Um... hey, girls. How were things when I was gone?"

"On my part, Mum and Dad are behaving. Still some tension, but not insulting or throwing things at one another," Octavia told the Prince of Hell.

"She's still insufferable, though," Stolas muttered.

"Well, that's good news... I think," Harry said as he forced a smile. 'Next time I visit Master Stolas, I hope my ears won't be bleeding from Lady Stella's harpy-like scream.'

"Well, not much on my end. Still have some shitstains coming into the office wanting revenge and hiring us to kill them off," Loona told her side. "Did shoot up some dark wizards, though. We went to the surface on one mission and some sap thought I was a werewolf before I tore out his throat."

"I bet he wished he had wolfsbane on him," Harry joked as he made her and the other two girls laugh.

"I bet he did as his life flashed before his eyes," Loona said as she gave off a chuckle. "That stuff really bothers me since I'm allergic to it."

"Really? How allergic are you," Octavia asked as she raised a brow under her crowned beanie.

"Mostly just sneezing a lot," Loona admitted.

"Wow, that sucks," Verosika said to the silver-haired hellhound. "Well, I went on tour for once around Hell and got a printed album. Here, this one is on the house," the pink succubus said as she handed the Prince of Hell a CD.

Harry took the CD as the cover had a bikini-clad Verosika on the beach winking with a mic in one hand. "Vacay to Bonetown?"

"First single I made," Verosika told him. "Give it a listen."