Chapter 19

Chapter 19: Dueling Club and Polyjuice Potion

The next day, Harry's bones were fully grown back and he was ready to leave the Hospital Wing. Once he was out and placed the enchanted figurines he received from his family in his dorm room, the Prince of Hell went to a destination that both Ron and Hermione told him about. With nobody around, as he made his way there, the young wizard entered the girl's bathroom on the second floor. It was the gloomiest and most depressing bathroom Harry had ever set foot in. Under a large, cracked, and spotted mirror were a row of chipped sinks. The floor was damp and reflected the dull light given off by the stubs of a few candles, burning low in their holders. The wooden doors to the stalls were flaking and scratched. Harry even saw one of them dangling off its hinges. "Guess the staff decided to figure out these attacks were more important than fixing this bathroom up," Harry remarked to Samael while the snake was wrapped around his shoulders.

Immediately after the snake nodded, Harry saw both Ron and Hermione were in the middle of the lavatory with a cauldron and several procured ingredients for the potion. "There you are," Ron said as he noticed Harry. "Where have you been?"

"I had to put away the present my family gave me yesterday. I want to show it off later," Harry explained before changing topics. "So did anyone in the dorms hear about Colin yesterday?"

"Apparently," Ron answered. "Some of the Muggleborns in the other houses are getting worried that they'll be next," he said as he leaned on one of the stalls.

"I forgot to mention this yesterday, but I wanted to save it for when I could use my arm," Harry said before telling his fellow 'junior detectives' what he learned after Dobby's visit. "When Colin was brought to the Hospital Wing, I overheard Dumbledore say the Chamber of Secrets has been opened again."

"Again? You mean, the Chamber was opened once before," Hermione asked as she added some ingredients to the cauldron.

"Of course," Ron said as he started to come up with a theory that worked alongside their previous one. "Don't you see? Lucius Malfoy must have opened it when he was a student here and now he's taught Draco how to do it."

"As much as I would believe it, he's less of a suspect now," Hermione told the red-haired wizard as he and Harry gave the bushy-haired witch a questionable stare. "I'll explain since Harry was stuck at the hospital for a few days. Ever since Verosika kicked him in the... coin purse. He was moved to the dorms and hasn't walked since. He's also sounded like Mickey Mouse for the last while."

Hearing the fact Malfoy sounded like the iconic Disney character, Harry chuckled before he focused again. "You have to remember that the Chamber was opened back on Halloween," Harry told them. "I think he could control whatever the monster is after it got out," he mentioned.

"Hmm... That is true," Hermione hummed as she switched which ingredient she was holding. "You don't exactly need to walk around to command somebody or something. Perhaps Draco did learn from his father. We'll have to wait for the Polyjuice Potion to know for sure," she said before pouring another ingredient into the cauldron.

"Enlighten me," Ron said as something was bugging him about their current situation. "Why are we brewing this potion in brought daylight... in the middle of this dingy and disgusting lavatory? Don't you think we'll get caught," the redhead asked.

"No. No one ever comes in here," Hermione stated, not worried about being discovered.

"Why," Ron asked in confusion.

"Moaning Myrtle," Hermione replied.

"You mean that ghost that is very sensitive," Ron chuckled.

"What are you laughing at," a voice said from the broken toilet which made Ron jump. The one who spoke was none other than Moaning Myrtle. "I bet you're just talking behind my back because of how ugly I am," she screamed as she dived head-first into the broken toilet, her sobbing made the loo splash.