Chapter 20

Hello, all you sinners I hope you enjoyed yourselves. Because we are going to the middle and fun parts of this arc. I need to let everyone know that I'm not allowing any more girls (Hellborn, human, or Sinner) to be with Harry. I want to focus on the story and adding more girls is just gonna make it into a fuckfest. This is not Harry's Hellish Harem (If anyone wants to, I just gave you a title) There will be some that can still flirt with him and such, but that's all. Now let us continue where we left off.

Chapter 20: The Diary

"Wait, you know what's attacking the school!? What is it," Harry asked somewhat excited that he got some answers.

"Very well. But once I tell you, be very cautious. Don't go looking for it," Lucifer told his son on the other end of the line. "The monster that attacked is a giant snake called a Basilisk. The King of Serpents. It's probably one of the most dangerous creatures on Earth. One look into its eyes is certain death."

"Certain death?"

"You'll die instantly if you look at its eyes. It's one reason why spiders are afraid of it and run whenever possible. Not only that, but its fangs are just as deadly and the venom they create can kill even after it dies," Lucifer informed Harry. "And if you're thinking of fighting it, don't. Spells do nothing to it as its skin is as tough as dragon scales. I suggest that you tell Albus or the teachers you can trust the most."

"I will, but is there any way of killing it," Harry asked his father.

"Well... I mean, you could always try stabbing it. It's still mortal despite having a lifespan of hundreds of years. Any mortal will die if you make it bleed enough. But an instant kill would be a crow from a rooster. Then there's the smell of a weasel, but I don't think that will work too well," the Devil said. "That's all the information I can give you. Be safe now."

"Thanks, Dad. I'll tell them right away. Take care, bye," Harry said as he hung up his Hellphone and looked at his friends. "We got one mystery solved. The monster is a basilisk."

"A Basilisk!? Are you sure," Hermione asked the Prince of Hell, shocked to hear that one of the deadliest beasts in the wizarding world was out roaming the schools.

"All the signs are there. You did say Salzar Slytherin was a Parselmouth and the symbol of Slytherin is a snake. That's why I can hear voices, it's the Basilisk talking," Harry said, pointing out all the facts.

"You're not wrong Harry, but there is one problem. The Basilisk's stare kills anyone who looks at it. Why is no one dead? Do you have an answer for that," Hermione asked as she pointed out this fact to her raven-haired friend.

Hermione's question did make Harry think hard about it. If it was something that deadly, why wasn't anyone truly dead yet? His answer came suddenly as he looked at the window and saw a little of his reflection. "Because no one looked it in the eye. At least, not directly," Harry told her as both she and Ron were looking where Harry was and saw their reflections. "Colin had his camera and tried to take a picture of the Basilisk. Luckily, it saved his life and only the film was destroyed. Justin... Justin saw the Basilisk through Nearly Headless Nick. Nick saw it directly but since he's a ghost, he can't die again, so he's petrified instead. He's in a death-like state."

"And Mrs. Norris? Last I checked she didn't have a camera or a ghost by her," Ron asked as he remembered the first attack.

"Water. There was water on the floor that night. She saw the Basilisk through its reflection," Harry answered his red-haired friend. "It's why Hagrid's roosters are dying. Because the Basilisk will die when it hears the rooster's crow. And the Heir wrote on the walls with rooster blood. And each attack had spiders leaving Hogwarts soon after."