Chapter 8

Chapter 8: Quidditch

Today was a big day for Harry as it was the first Quidditch match of the season. Dressed in scarlet red and gold Quidditch robes, the Gryffindor team was following Oliver Wood through the towers of the Quidditch pitch. While Harry knew of himself, Wood, and the Weasley twins as the Seeker, Keeper, and Beaters, the Chasers of the team were Katie Bell, Angelina Johnson, and Alicia Spinnet.

Harry swallowed a large chunk of saliva with an audible gulp, getting the attention of his captain. "Scared, Harry," Oliver asked the new member of the Quidditch team.

"No, just nervous," Harry corrected him. "My folks are visiting to watch me play."

"Must really care about you to not want to miss your first ever match," Wood said as he was sorta impressed. "But don't worry, I was nervous about my first game too."

"What happened?" Harry asked out of curiosity.

"I, uh, don't really remember," Wood admitted. "I took a Bludger to the head two minutes in. The next thing I knew I was in the hospital a week later," he said, which made the young Gryffindor look more nervous than before. "Don't worry, it won't happen to you. You got what it takes."

This made Harry a little more at ease. Being hit with an enchanted ball wouldn't be the worst thing to happen to him. He faced way scarier things when still at home, such as when his father needed to vent his frustration on the locals or when Charlie was in a 'mood'. However, it wouldn't be like the latter as chocolate wouldn't stop a rock to the face. His thoughts were interrupted when the gates in front of them opened up. Quickly, Harry and the others got on their brooms and took off in the air.

Many students were cheering as the players were flying around the towers. As he soared over them and saw Hagrid with his friends in the Gryffindor stands, Harry couldn't see his parents or Charlie. He wondered if they couldn't make it at all because something came up. Soon, he watched as a flame roared above them and took the form of a large lion. "Wow. You really go all out. That's an impressive display," Harry told Oliver, who was staring wide-eyed at the fiery lion.

"That's not ours," Wood warned. Suddenly, the burning king of beasts lunged at the pitch. "Out of the way!" At Wood's call, the Gryffindor and Slytherin teams flew away in a scramble as the lion ran through the air, surprising everyone in the stands.

As it circled the area, the giant cat focused its gaze on Dumbledore and pounced. Every teacher was ready to cast a spell, but the flames soon warped and took the shape of something else. Shrinking in size, three burning figures emerged from the beastly fire before the flames were snuffed out, revealing the Morningstar Family all sitting next to the Headmaster. Lucifer didn't even bother to change his appearance or outfit except for replacing his hat with a Gryffindor scarf. Charlie was wearing her normal attire of a fancy suit and a scarf instead of a bowtie. As for Lilith, she was wearing the dress she commissioned at Madam Malkin's in Diagon Alley, scarlet lipstick, and her hair magically shining like gold itself.

With the dramatic entrance finished, Dumbledore chuckled lightly at the trio that arrived. "You always were one for making an entrance," Albus told Lucifer, making the professors all calm down.

"Oh come now, Albus. When have I ever made a non-dramatic entrance," Lucifer laughed as he looked at the field. "And what better way than to support my son's team?"

"I'd say an actual lion, but I don't think we could have gotten one on short notice," Charlie said with a bubbly laugh. She then looked on the field and spotted Harry as she waved to him. "Hi, Harry," she called out.

"At least we're in time to see his game at the very start," Lilith remarked as she took a seat next to Minerva McGonagall. "Hello there," the Queen of Hell politely greeted, getting a silent response from the Head of Gryffindor House.