Chapter 26

Chapter 26: Despair and Surprise

After the chaotic trip to London, Harry got up the next morning and got dressed, brushed his teeth, and headed downstairs to meet his friends. Alongside Ron and Hermione, he also assumed that the rest of Ron's siblings would join them for their shopping. The Prince of Hell didn't know when they would be arriving, so he thought it best to get some breakfast before they came. Thankfully, the staff of the Leaky Cauldron was helpful during his visit and offered him whatever services they could provide. He grabbed himself a plate full of eggs, sausage, and bacon with a cup of coffee. "Eat up, you two. Hermione and the Weasleys will be here any minute," Harry told both Hedwig and Sam as he allowed them to be present when his friends arrived. Hedwig was helping herself to some supplied food while Sam cooked a sausage even more with his fire breath before swallowing the entire thing. "I see you've been practicing using your flames."

"I have to in be prepared to protect you from danger," Sam hissed as he continued to eat more of Harry's shared breakfast.

Moments later, Harry was greeted by the Weasley siblings and Hermione, the latter of which seemed to be looking more like an actress rather than an unkempt adolescent witch. Harry blamed puberty for being kind to his friends and focused on his friends. "Harry," Ron exclaimed as he was holding his pet rat, Scabbers. Sam hissed at Scabbers as he was ready to run off but the Prince of Hell told his snake off to silence him. "Bloody Hell! Sam grew a lot over the summer."

"Yup. Also, he's been able to breathe fire after my fight with the Basilisk," Harry told his best friend as the horned white serpent showed off his talent, letting fire dance between his fangs like a lit candle.

"Wicked," Ron commented.

"So, I heard you got yourself a new wand. Let's see it," Harry gestured to his friend to show him his new wand.

Ron gave a sheepish smirk as he pulled out his new wand to show the Prince of Hell. "It's made out of willow and its core is unicorn hair. And it works better than the old one."

"That's brilliant. Makes sense because I remember you saying the old one was a hand-me-down," Harry remarked before turning to face Hermione with a cheeky grin. "So are gonna buy Lockhart's new book this year, Hermione?"

The bushy-haired girl rolled her eyes at him. "Not funny, Harry. But I'm thinking of buying a pet this year," the young witch said.

"Could use a new owl. I mean can't keep relying on Hedwig and Errol to send messages to us both. Especially Errol," Ron told her as he hated to admit it but his family bird would get lost for hours.

"I have to second that. Even Owlphonse can't be used all the time either," Harry said as he backed up Ron, remembering that Charlie was still the owner of the barn owl that wore various bow ties for style just like the demon woman.

"I'll think about it," Hermione told them as the rest of the Weasleys greeted Harry at the table.

"Harry, it's good to see you, dear," Mrs. Wealsy said to the Prince of Hell while hugging him. "You have everything you need? Clothing, books, spare clothes?"

"I've got everything in my room, except for the books I need on the list for this year," Harry told the mother of the Weasley clan.

"Good. We'll help you bring them to the train," she patted his cheek before Mr. Weasley stepped up to Harry.

"Harry Magne," Arthur Weasley greeted the teenage boy as they both shook hands with one another. "Do you mind if I talk to you in private?"

"Of course," Harry answered him as they both stepped to a corner of the store to have no ongoers listening in.