Chapter 12

Chapter 12: The House Cup

Everything looked and felt fuzzy to Harry. It felt like the aftermath of one of his close combat practices with one of his instructors. As he started to adjust himself, he felt like he was on a bed and held his head. Suddenly, he heard a voice speaking before a second spoke to him.

"Mom! He's waking up!"

"Harry? Harry, can you hear me?"

Harry recognized both of the voices as his mother and sister. Opening his eyes, he realized that his vision was blurry because his glasses were set on a table nearby.

"Oh, let me get that for you," Lilith said as she handed Harry his glasses.

The Prince of Hell put his glasses on and saw he was in the school infirmary, resting in a bed with white comfortable sheets. Lilith sat to the right of him, Charlie to his left, and Samael was sleeping right by his feet. "Mom? Charlie?"

"We're so glad you're safe, dear," Lilith said to her adopted son as she hugged him.

"What happened? The last thing I remember was destroying the Stone and cutting down..."

"If you're referring to that two-faced traitor to Dumbledore, you sent him straight to Hell," Lucifer said as he walked in with the Headmaster of Hogwarts.

"Good afternoon, Harry," Dumbledore greeted before Lucifer spoke again.

"Hello, son. How are you feeling?"

"Sore," Harry said, shifting himself upright to speak to his teacher and family. "How long was I out?"

"Three days," Charlie answered him. "And you gave a lot of people quite the scare. Your friends and classmates left you stuff for when you woke up," she added, pointing out the various cards and sweets around Harry's bed.

"What happened down in the dungeons between you and Professor Quirrell is a complete secret. So, naturally, the entire school knows," Dumbledore said as he and the Morningstar Family smiled at the joke about the news spread. The headmaster then looked through the many sweets Harry was given. "I see that your friend Ronald has saved you the trouble of opening your Chocolate Frogs," Dumbledore remarked as he picked up a box of the treat, showing it was empty of the chocolate and trading card.

"Professor, about the Stone-" Harry began but Dumbledore held up his hand to halt what he was about to say.

"You did the right thing. Your father told me everything as soon as I got back," Dumbledore stated. "My friend Nicolas and I had a little chat. We both agreed that it was best all around," he said, walking over to Harry's right side.

"But without the Stone, he'll die," Harry said as he looked up at the Professor.

"Everyone dies, Harry. It's what humans do. Unless you're an Angel or Highborn Demon, then you're naturally immortal," Lucifer said, getting a look from his wife and daughter. Coughing in his hand, he spoke more seriously. "Anyway, he's outlived any other human, so it's best that he was laid to rest."

"He has enough Elixir of Life to stay around long enough to set his affairs in order," Dumbledore told Harry. "Soon after, he and his wife will die peacefully. It will essentially be a long slumber that they will not awaken from, but it will be a peaceful death."

"Was I able to get the Stone like I thought I could? Was the mirror enchanted to give it to somebody who didn't want to use the Stone," Harry asked Dumbledore.

"Only a person who wanted to find the Stone, but not use it, would be able to get it. That is one of my more brilliant ideas," the Headmaster whispered as he showed a grandfatherly smile towards the Prince of Hell.