Chapter 16

Chapter 16: Trouble After Trouble

Days after getting all their books and things on the list, both Harry and Charlie, along with the Weasley family were rushing into King's Cross as they took the Ford Anglia. "I told you we should have taken Floo Powder to the Leaky Cauldron," Molly exclaimed to her husband. "You had to go and convince all of us to take that car of yours the Muggle way. Now, we're running late."

"I'm sorry, Molly. I had no idea that they would stop most of the time," Arthur told his wife as they ran through the station.

"There it is. Percy, you first," Molly told the oldest red-haired boy in the group.

Percy saw the magic gateway between platforms 9 & 10 and ran before vanishing into the pillar, followed by Fred and George Weasley. Ginny was the next to go followed by both Molly and Arthur to help their youngest get everything ready before the train departed.

"I'll meet you on the other side, Harry," Charlie told her brother as she rushed in ahead of him, ready to help the other Weasleys.

"Ready, Ron," Harry asked his best friend and the twelve-year-old nodded in agreement as Harry went first he charged, followed by Ron. However, they didn't end up going to Platform Nine and three quarters and the Hogwarts Express. Instead, Harry and Ron ended up hitting a solid wall that made the luggage carts crash and spill their contents. 'What the fuck just happened,' he thought to himself as he clenched his arm and hissed from the pain. Ron was doing the same thing but he was clenching his leg.

"Oi! What's going on here," a station employee asked as he approached the boys, having heard the crash.

'Shit, what are we going to say,' Harry thought to himself as he stared at the man, then came up with the best answer he could think of. "We lost control of the trolley," he exclaimed as Ron nodded in agreement with his best friend.

"Well, be careful next time. Someone else could have gotten hurt," the station worker said before he helped pick up the luggage and set them back on the carts before he left the 12-year-olds alone.

When the boys were by themselves, they turned to each other. "What just happened? Why can't we go through?"

"I dunno. The gateway sealed itself for some reason," Ron said as he put his hand where the portal to the Hogwarts Express would be.

The Prince of Hell's thoughts were interrupted by the chiming of a clock nearby. "Crap! The train leaves exactly at 11 o'clock. We missed it," Harry said, finally seeing why they were locked out. Wondering what to do, Harry pondered the idea of calling his parents, Charlie, or even Razzle and Dazzle. Thinking it over and weighing his options, possibly showing Ron his connection to Hell's royal family was something he considered a risk that was going to be dealt with eventually. Taking out his phone, the adopted prince tried to contact Charlie before he saw the screen turn off without warning. "Dead? How can that be? I know I charged it," Harry muttered as he looked at the black screen. Pocketing his phone for later, he turned to Ron. "Maybe we should wait by the car."

"The car..." Ron repeated with a smirk. "Harry, we can fly the car to Hogwarts."

"What? But what about your parents," Harry asked as he worried for the worse.

"What other choice do we have? And we are allowed to use magic if it's an emergency," Ron told him.

"Well, we do need to get to school... Eh, why the hell not," Harry reasoned as he followed Ron back to the car. When there, he quickly took out his wand and unlocked the door so they could place their luggage inside. With everything packed, Ron took the driver's side and Harry took the passenger side. "You do know how to operate a car, right Ron?"