Y/N's 'Birthday'

Merry christmas everyone.

The fic is a year old today. Wow.

Me a year ago would not believe the progress I've made. Both mental-health wise and online presence wise.

I've really only got you guys to thank for everything. Without you, I wouldn't have so much I have today. I wouldn't have some of my best friends, like Kosmo, Existential, etc. I wouldn't have the Murder Drones fandub (which you should totes check out lmfao. Just search "Murder Drones Fandub Kosmo" on yt it should pop up. Ep 3 came out recently). I wouldn't have over 100k reads across quotev and wattpad, and that number grows daily.

(Woah deep stuff coming up skip a paragraph if you dont want to see deep stuff. And by deep i mean like could trigger some ppl. Only goes into that stuff briefly.)

I wouldnt love myself without this fic. Its true. A year ago today I was in a really bad spot, and was insecure of my every move and look. Didn't help I was with a very toxic partner at the time. Without this fic, I don't think I'd be alive today. Without this fic, I'd be thinking over everything I did. You know those memories you think of late at night and you internalize really badly? I don't do that anymore! I just dismiss those memories. Whenever they come up, I think "Well, whats happened happened, and I'm here today because of that." But even so, that doesn't mean I don't have any sort of worries. Like, i don't know, what I'll be doing in the long run. I have no idea what i'll be doing when I get older, and no idea how I'll be able to survive on my own. I still have these worries, but thats okay! I just have to navigate with that information and work through it. I'm still a kid, after all.

(Woah, stuff over)

Anyway. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter. It resonates with me greatly, not for reasons you may think, but i wish I was in this situation? Well I kinda am. Eh. Anyway.

I hope some people are able to find comfort within this chapter, too.

(Btw, this doesn't mean the y/n of this story has a canon birthday! It's completely up to you if they have a birthday at all. I personally think they'd be an august virgo bday ^^)

The way I literally wrote my own dad in this chapter (AKA THIS MIGHT BE A BIT OF A TRIGGERING READ. I'll put this ✦ symbol whenever there is a triggering spot, and another when it ends. I wanted practice writing some specific things, so please forgive me for including this sort of content!)
——

     (Y/N) awoke to hard knocks against their bedroom door.

     They powered on with a groan, hand moving to their head and ruffling around their hair as they tried to make sense of the rapping at their bedroom door. They mumbled out a "Come in", eyes flicking over to the door from their bed.

     Their pa immediately burst in, basically screaming into a kazoo as he did so. He also carried a plastic bag in his hand, the material crinkling around.

     He started his speech, kazoo moved to the corner of his mouth but still buzzing as he spoke,"GOOD MORNING YOU WONDER CHIL—"

     "It's six forty-six PM," (Y/N) yawned out, picking up their charging phone. "Never mind, forty-seven."

     (Y/N)'s father rolled his eyes, smiling softly as he walked over to the young drone's desk.

     "Well, you barely ever wake up during daytime anymore, you little vampire." He picked the kazoo out of his mouth, setting it down on (Y/N)'s desk along with the bag he carried. He barely noticed (Y/N)'s shoulders slump with that comment. "Anyway, your dad had to take a bit of overtime, should be back in an hour. So I decided to get us some cupcakes, y'know?"