CHAPTER 22

AUGUST'S POV

Why are they doing this?

Where am I? The confusion gnaws at me. This building, isolated in the middle of this vast, oppressive forest, feels like a prison. The trees stretch endlessly in every direction, their shadows deep and menacing, as if waiting to swallow me whole.

Why is this building even here, hidden away from the world? What sinister purpose does it serve for these monsters?

I scanned the room, desperately searching for any possible way to escape. The windows are locked and so is the door. There must be a way out. I can't let this place consume us.

"Even if Aiden and I manage to run away, where would we go?" This unanswered question was making me go insane. The world outside this forest seemed like a distant, unreachable dream.

My so-called family abandoned me already. If I were alone, I would have ended it all by now. But Aiden is with me. I could never abandon him. His innocent face filled with fear and trust. He's my only reason to fight.

I have to stay strong for him. I have to find a way out of this nightmare. For both our sakes.

"Those murderers... they killed Noah and now they've taken Aiden and me hostage. I need to get Aiden out of here first. I have to file a complaint against them and—"

"And then they're going to put you behind bars." I flinched, startled by the sudden voice. It was Alexander, now dressed in a casual sweatshirt and pants, leaning nonchalantly against the doorframe. His eyes bore into mine with a mix of amusement and menace.

How long had he been standing there? My heart pounded in my chest, a mix of fear and anger surging through me. Alexander's presence made the situation feel even more hopeless, but I couldn't let him see my fear. I had to stay strong for Aiden.

"Don't think for a second that you can outsmart us," Alexander sneered, taking a step closer. "Your little plan won't work. We have eyes everywhere."

I clenched my fists, fighting the urge to lash out but I tried staying calm to think clearly. I couldn't afford to make any mistakes. Not now.

"We'll see about that," I muttered under my breath, my resolve hardening. One way or another, I would find a way to escape this nightmare and bring those responsible to justice. For Jack, For Noah. For Aiden. For all of us.

My fists clenched, the mere sight of him and his brothers making me want to drown them in their own blood.

"Do you know why your plans would fail eventually ?" Alexander asked, smirking as he made himself comfortable on the couch in front of me, sitting like a king.

"C'mon, try, darling. I know you're smart," he said, leaning closer and caressing my arm.

"Keep your fucking hands to yourself," I seethed, slapping his hand away. His expression didn't change a bit instead, he chuckled as if I had cracked a joke.

"feisty," he muttered, his eyes hardening . "I like that. But you're not in a position to make demands, sweetheart."

His words dripped with condescension, fueling my rage. I couldn't let him get to me, though. I had to stay focused on finding a way to escape with Aiden.

"You think this is a game?" I snapped, my voice trembling with barely contained fury. "You won't get away with this."

"We already have," Alexander replied coolly. "You're just too stubborn to realize it." He leaned back, his smirk never fading. "But go ahead, keep fighting. It's amusing to watch."

I glared at him, my mind racing with possibilities.

"Also, rose, these hands are gonna touch you in places where noone else has touched you before" my heart stopped beating for a second, the amount of trauma and fear that one sentence from him had me feel was horrifying.

"Don't worry, I understand that you are still a minor, so rest assured I would make sure my brothers and I won't touch untill you turn into an adult. And once you turn 18 we will-"

"We will what? What are you inferring. Have you and your brothers lost all the sanity already. I am just teenager and you guyz are  adults married to my own sisters. How low are you aspiring to go now. On top of that you killed my boyfriend, you have taken a little kid hostage, successfully ruined his childhood and gave him a wound that would never be healed, who the fuck do you and your stupid brothers think you are I-"

"I take my words back" that was the only thing that he had said and the next second he was on top of me, my hair in his fist, and his lips on mine.

As his weight pressed down on me, it felt like thousands of snakes slithering across my skin, each one leaving behind a trail of fear and helplessness. His physical strength was overwhelming, leaving me powerless to resist even the slightest movement. Every struggle was futile, each attempt to break free met with an impenetrable wall of force.

I lay there, feeling trapped and vulnerable, the air thick with tension and the scent of his overpowering cologne. His grip tightened on my hair, sending a jolt of pain coursing through me, as if he was asserting his dominance over every inch of my being.

With a cruel smirk, he whispered, his breath hot against my ear, "You're much sweeter now than the last time I tasted you, darling." His words sent a shiver down my spine, a mixture of confusion and revulsion swirling within me. How could he speak with such callousness, as if it were nothing more than just a game and I was just his favourite toy to break eventually?

I met his gaze, my eyes betraying the turmoil raging inside me. Did he truly believe that his actions were acceptable, that he could take what he wanted without consequence?

His hand left my hair, trailing down to caress my skin with a sickening gentleness. "Remember," he began, his voice dripping with malice, "it was a sight for sore eyes, you on the bed, all naked, ready to be devoured by the shadows in the darkness. Tell me, darling, did you wish someone would sneak into your room and fuck you senseless? Is that why you were sleeping naked?"

His taunts cut through me like knives, each word a stab to my already battered spirit. Anger boiled within me, the disgust now morphing into a primal rage.

Hi guyzzz🙋‍♀️

Long time no see 👀 I know but my personal and professional life has been keeping me toooo occupied.

I am trying my best to complete all of my pending books.

Thankyou for being such patient readers. Love you to the moon and to the saturn❤️❤️❤️❤️