Chapter 26. Epilogue

10 years later

''Mama! Look what Da got me!'' Faith comes running in the kitchen with a big smile on her face. ''It's a book! Another one!'' I kneel down beside her and look at it. ''It's beautiful! What is it about baby?''

''A princess! Da said I am a princess!'' her cheeks are stained red from running and the cold weather, and it almost matches with her red hair. ''You are, you are our princess,'' I kiss her cheek and smile at how happy she is. I could still see that little baby I held 10 years ago. A decade. Her locks still as red and eyes still very blue. ''Go and read before dinner!'' I say and she happily runs of.

Brianna Ellen Jo Fraser was born 2 years and 5 months after Faith and looked a lot like Jamie too, except for her eyes. Those we're like mine. Brianna had settled on the carpet with her new toy. Jamie felt generous today. I sit down beside her and kiss her head. ''What did Da get you?'' she shows me a new sketch book. ''Now I can draw whenever I want!'' she smiles widely. Brianna loved drawing from the moment she knew how to. Our fridge was covered in her drawings, it was a bit chaotic but we didn't mind, it was amazing to see your child so happy.

2 years and 1 months after Brianna was born we had twins. Willie Lambert Alexander Fraser and James Henry Ian Fraser. Our twin boys. They aren't identical twins and you can tell that. WIllie is exactly like me, the same hair, eyes, manners, smile, practically everything. But James took after Jamie again, thats why I wanted to name him after Jamie. Only his manners were like me, but everything else was just copy paste from Jamie. Just like Faith and Brianna. People often asked me if I don't find it annoying but the truth is, I love it. I see my husband, the man I love the most, everytime I look at my kids, knowing that because of our love we have brought beautiful angels in the world.

After the twins we decided to put a pause on kids for now. We already had 4, all under the age of five and even though they are the best kids, it's difficult to work and take care of everything at home. But two years ago I had gotten pregnant again, accidentally. We were a bit scared, everything was already so hectic but we were also super excited. We had talked about more children but never really figured out what to do.

Julia Claire Sarah Fraser was born one day before Jamie's birthday. 'Consider this your birthday gift' I said to him. He chuckled and told me our family was everything he needed. Julia was really both me and Jamie. She had my brown hair but Jamie's ocean blue eyes. Her nose was shaped like mine but her lips like Jamie's. We adored her and so did her siblings. Everyone adored eachother. Yes sometimes the kids would fight but what do you expect when you have five of them?

William and Sarah always love to babysit. They had dated for 1 and a half years before William proposed and they got married just before Brianna was born. They tried for their own kids quite soon after but no succes. I knew it devasted them and so offered them to come baby sit often and they loved it. 2 years ago, around the time I found out I was carrying Julia, they adopted a boy, Fergus. He was a kind boy, a little shy in the beginning but less now. He was a bright boy, happy and smart and we all adored him.

To everyone surprise Sarah fell pregnant and gave birth to their little girl 3 months ago. Emily Ellen Janet Claire Alexandra Fraser. They wanted to use as many names as possible since there was a chance this would be their only biological child. They given Fergus the middle names 'Brian William' and I remember how happy it made him.

''Claire?'' Jamie's gentle touch wakes me up from my touch. ''Sorry, dosed of for a second,'' I stand up and Jamie takes me with him to the kitchen. ''Tired lass?'' he asks and I nod. ''Yeah, being a doctor and a mom of five children isn't easy,''

''But it's worth it, look at how happy everyone is. Willie and Jamies are trying to figure out their puzzle while Faith and Brianna play with their new toys. Julia is sleeping contently in her crib, a little smile on her face. That was a trait all of our kids inherited from their Da. ''So worth it,'' I kiss him softly and hug him. ''Are we ever going to tell them about...?''

''No. Jamie we're not. I don't want them thinking they might be in danger, maybe not directly from him but from people they'll hire. I don't want that,'' I say firmly and he nods. We barely spoke of what happend. After everything it had settled down but once in a while one of us would dream that the other had left them, and it was scary knowing it had been a reality for three years. ''Let's not ever break their happy bubble, not without good reason,'' I say, kissing him again.

''We have such a bonnie family, Claire,'' Jamie say with his arm wrapped my waist. ''We do, I wouldn't change this for any amount of money. Our kids deserve the absolute best,''

''We all do and we'll have it. We already have it,''

What happend was traumatic yes, but together we figured out how to get past it and to be happy like we are right now. With only holding eachother's hand we managed to rebuild our whole life and I was so grateful for the strenght he gave me when I needed it. Because of us we had given eachother what we needed. A family, a home and perhaps most important of all, eachother.