Chapter Twenty-Four

Void wanted to kill his human's stepfather. The man was drinking and Stiles was hiding. Granted, Void and Stiles could have fed on the internal pain Noah was feeling, but part of them refused because it was their mother they felt pained about. Noah was also ignoring Stiles to the point he's had to sneak off to Sera and Peter anyway. Many had seen him do it, but many didn't stop him when a faint scent of alcohol can be smelt from Stiles. That's how bad the house stank.

Melissa McCall had took him in one time to give him some food, but she immediately noticed Stiles' annoyance with her son and called Sera to come and get him. Sera came and got him and took him away only for Stiles to see the sheriff there. "Melissa, could you speak at a custody trial?" the sheriff asked the nurse behind them.

"For...?" Melissa trailed off in a questioning tone motioning to Stiles and Sera.

"Yes, you aren't the only one that has told me about Stiles sneaking out smelling of alcohol. I stepped to the front door and I could smell it. I don't want to have a repeat of Isaac Lahey," the sheriff admitted. Stiles' eyes widened before he moved even closer to Sera who rested a hand on his shoulder.

*******

Long story short, Noah temporarily lost custody of his son. He was required to go to rehab or he would lose his job and would not gain back custody.

*******

"Where are we going?" Stiles asked from the backseat of the car. Sera and Peter had just signed papers to basically say they have guardianship over the nine-year-old.

"There's another demigod here," Peter answered.

"Really? Who?"

"Lydia Martin. She's a daughter of Aphrodite and Legacy of Thanatos with a banshee gene. She needs to control her voice before she can go to camp and Aphrodite told Lydia's stepmother about us," Sera answered.

"Oh, okay," Stiles said.

Soon a strawberry blonde girl sat in the car. "Hi, I'm Lydia," she introduced herself to Stiles.

"Stiles," he responded back.

"Who's your parent?" she asked.

"Hermes and my grandmother is Athena," Stiles answered.

"...can you help me learn some things and stuff?" Lydia asked a bit shyly making the whole car kind of pause.

"Why do you ask? If you don't mind me asking," Sera asked.

"I know my siblings have a bit of a stereotype for being dumb and unwilling to fight," Lydia said, "I want to learn. I actually want to learn, but the dyslexia makes it hard."

Sera turned in her seat, "You can spend time with Stiles in our mini library if you promise me one thing. I won't make you swear it because I want a promise," Sera spoke calmly, when Lydia nods, she continues, "You do not hide how smart you are. I have met your mother and I know she does it. Your mother knows how to fight with a spear and she's knowledgeable when it comes to human bonds and emotions and how to use it to her advantage, but she hides it because people don't listen to her," Sera explained.

Lydia nodded, "I promise."

"The Apollo kids do something similar," Stiles admitted.

"What do you mean?" Lydia asked.

"You'll find that the newer Athena children have a bit of obnoxiousness to them because they're mother is the Goddess of Wisdom so the Apollo children keep quiet even though Apollo is the God of Knowledge."

"But knowledge is better than wisdom," Lydia argued.

"They both have plusses and minuses," Stiles immediately said, but they all knew his Athena side was speaking, "Anyway, until somebody clearly gets it through their heads that they don't know everything, they continue to gloat. There's one named Annabeth, stay away from her, she's mean."

Lydia didn't ask why, she was sure she would find out herself. "So who else is at the Night's house?" she asked.

"Crystal is a daughter Khione and granddaughter of Morpheus and Sera's adoptive daughter," Stiles started with a small smile. Lydia fought off the squeal that wanted to come out. "Malia is a werecoyote and Peter's biological daughter. Cora is a werewolf and Peter's biological niece, but his and Sera's adoptive daughter. There's a daughter of Apollo who just took over the vets office who now takes care of her nephew Isaac whose a grandson of Apollo and Ares and then a recent high school graduate Bobby Finstock is dating Adira—the daughter of Apollo, and he's my half brother," Stiles listed off.

"Wow," was all Lydia could say before they pulled up.