Chapter Ten

Third POV

Peter had his eyes shut, standing outside the Night's house, which was slowly becoming the new pack house. He has met Castor and Pollux, Dionysus' twin boys who sometimes stay with Sera. He also got to meet Stiles and Bobby's half brother Luke. "Peter?" he heard a young child ask. He knew better though, seeing the fiery red hair that matched his lovely mate's hair was the indication. He gave a slight bow towards the child, "Hestia," he responded.

"What did you need to ask me?" the goddess asked.

"I wanted your opinion on what Seraphina would like date-wise," Peter asked nervously. While yes, talking to a goddess that was scary when angry and had control over fire terrified him, he was scared shitless to ask Kolby. Hestia gave the werewolf a soft smile, "She prefers simpler things, you don't need to take her to fancy restaurant or anything. She prefers the night time, that could be because of her grandmother. She also doesn't care for a lot of noise, so nowhere noisy. Maybe something that's just the two of you and nobody else?" Hestia suggested. Peter was thinking, he was thinking really hard, before the light bulb went off. He thanked the goddess before excusing himself to go back into the house, "Asking about a date?" he heard Kolby, making him jump. Kolby looked happy with himself for making the Alpha jump.

"Yes, would you be able to watch the girls tonight?" Peter hesitantly asked. Kolby just stared at him making him sweat a little before he nodded, "Just no, that if my daughter gets hurt, you will be tortured to no end by me, her mother, and my mother, along with a few other gods," he said nonchalantly. Peter nodded after a second and left to go find Sera. She had been in the library they had reading to the girls, "Are you gonna have your first date yet?" Malia said bluntly, interrupting Sera's reading as she looked seeing me there.

"Actually yes, I'm taking her out tonight. Dress casual," Peter told her and left, hearing three little girls squeal in excitement. Peter went to go get everything ready, he was excited to finally get a date with his mate. He finally wasn't always getting looks when he went out, and neither were Cora and Malia. The Argents, specifically Gerard and Kate argent were wanted fugitives as Claudia, Kolby, and even stiles had been looking into connections between the Argents and the other pack houses that had caught fire.

That night, Sera walked down to meet Peter. She did dress simply, but still in black, it's her color, she won't deny it. Peter kissed her hand as soon as he held it, making the woman blush as they left for their date. They had arrived at Peter's favorite spot in the forest, it had an open space and was perfect for nature to grow around it, just near it was the nemeton, it was somehow calming to Peter.

"I was the left hand to the pack, I had to do the dangerous things. This was my favorite spot to go to, especially because of that stump, it's a nemeton," Peter explained.

"I've felt this before," Sera said with a happy sigh, making Peter's head snap to her, "It fel like a power surge about two years ago," she added.

"It get's powered by sacrifices and druid rituals, Derek had killed his girlfriend near the roots because they thought she wouldn't survive the bite. People sometimes have delayed reactions because they aren't always a werewolf, but he didn't get that," Peter explained. He noticed Sera look at something a bit odd, "What?" Peter asked.

Sera's attention was caught by two presences, one was in the forest somewhere, and th other presence was in the stump, it was a druid's magic. "I know the Hale Pack had an emissary, but I feel a druid's magic, the one that's here the most and it's more recent, I can sense it," she said. Peter knew part of Hecate's blessing she received allowed her to use the Mist to hide from mortals and perform basic magic, but she could also sense it. Usually the Alpha would be the one to know who the druid emissary was, but Talia wanted her brother to know who it was.

"We'll get to that later, we're on a date right now, I brought food," Peter said and saw Sera's head snap over. Another thing he knew about her, she liked her food.

Back at the Night's house, Hecate had appeared with Nyx and Hestia, "We found out something about the Hale fire," Hecate said quietly. She didn't want to chance the two pups hearing her.

Kolby leaned in, "We looked around the Hale property and I found faint druid symbols, there was mountain ash around property which prevented them from getting out. You can only get mountain ash from a druid. The druid's been using the nemeton for his own gain. The druid symbols allowed the hunters to be quiet so the wolves wouldn't hear them. I know it's best for a pack to have an emissary and that it doesn't always have to be a druid, I do have somebody in mind and Apollo was on his way to get her," Hecate explained.

"Who's the druid?" Kolby asked.

"Alan Deaton," Hecate told him. Suddenly Hestia looked rather angry and flashed out of the room as a roar sounded the air.