50| Collateral Damage

Alexandria's surroundings changed within a blink of an eye. One moment she was sitting across from Hope, and the next she was alone. Her eyes darted around the room but things were different. Instead of being seated at one of the tables, she was on an armchair.

Alexandria shot up suddenly as she began to look around. Her eyes darted around the room to find that while she was in the library, things were different. The furniture was different. It seemed older with worn leather and antique items. Things that were supposed to be there, weren't.

"Hope?" Alexandria called out cautiously but was met with silence. "What the fuck..." she muttered to herself as her hands clenched nervously.

Alexandria heard footsteps approaching her and she readied herself for a fight. But as they entered the room, Alexandria grew more confused as she saw a boy with short, messy brown hair. Her head tilted ever so slightly as she swore to herself that she recognised him.

The boy leaned against the frame of the entrance as a smirk pulled at his lips. "You're a new face," he spoke out. "And here I thought things couldn't get any more interesting," he said slowly.

Alexandria looked him up and down as she narrowed her eyes. "I've seen you before, haven't I?"

Sebastian laughed lightly as he moved further into the room to stand in front of her. "Yes, we met briefly. Sebastian," Sebastian introduced himself once more and held his hand out. Alexandria eyed it before she met his gaze again. Sebastian smiled mischievously as he dropped his hand. "The first and last time I saw you, you were teaching your pups a lesson in strength," Sebastian recalled and thought back to it. He was definitely entertained watching the hybrid fight.

"Thanks for the reminder. Where are we?" Alexandria interrogated harshly as she was in no mood for small talk.

"I'm a bit new to the terminology, but I believe this is called a prison world," Sebastian sighed as he looked around.

"Oh, great. Guess Dr. Satlzman got his wish after all," she sassed as she paced around the room but whipped back around to Sebastian as a question popped in her head. "Why are you here?" Alexandria pointed towards him.

Sebastian didn't fail to hear the mention of the Headmaster and he grew curious by her words. He immediately assumed that the girl was in the prison world to share the same fate as him by the man who put him in the prison world in the first place.

"I refused to fit into Dr. Saltzman's perfect little mould, so he sent me away," Sebastian answered vaguely, which made the hybrid raise a brow. "Judging by all the ruckus, it seems that you're not the only one who's come for a visit," he hinted and subtly gestured behind him.

Alexandria listened in and recognised the distinct voices of the Saltzman family. As she looked back to the boy, she realised that they both seemed to have a bone to pick with the patriarch of said family as she noticed how Sebastian's eye twitched but held a sense of excitement.