First Step

...

..-

Cylob: "-AAAHH!"

I feel pain in my leg. I immediately wake up and start observing my situation.

A skinny, brown haired, brown eyed guy with a bandana is holding a rusted dagger in his hand right in front of me.

Cylob: "Why the hell would you do that!?"

mercenary: "I'm sorry! It was an order throm Crusch-sama!"

As soon as he said Crusch-sama, I calmed down and decided to look around.

I noticed that I was in a carriage, I could feel the slight bumping, I could see the everchanging scenery in the window, and then I remembered about the pain.

Cylob: "Shit. It hurts."

Thank god I was always pretty good at taking physical pain.

mercenary: "Umm... Do you need some kind oth healer or somefing?"

Cylob: "No, I'll be fine. You can go back to whatever you were doing."

The mercenary stands up and sits into his corner.

I focus on my healing, the cut is not deep so it only takes about 10 minutes to heal it up. The mercenary was watching me with a surprised expression the whole time.

After I finished with my healing I decide to start a conversation.

Cylob: "What's your name?" I ask the mercenary.

mercenary: "Name's Kolun. What's yours?"

Cylob: "Cylob. Do you know in which carriage Crusch-sama is, Kolun?"

Kolun: "She's two carriages behind us."

Cylob: "Thanks for the info."

Thankfully, I had to jump in the opposite direction of our ride, so air friction wouldn't be a problem.

I jump from carriage to carriage until I reach the one with Crusch in it. The only ones who aren't sleeping in the carriage are Crusch and Rem.

Cylob: "May I please ask why you told someone to hurt me?!"

Crusch: "We got an urgent message from Subaru to wake you up. So if you want to blame anyone, blame him."

Cylob: "Subaru?"

Subaru specifically said to wake up me up? Why?

...

Wait.

Would we have encountered the Archbishops before I woke up? That would've been bad, so my future self told about the attack to Subaru and told him to wake me up.

That would explain this situation. Thanks future me!

But did I have to reveal to Subaru that I know about RbD or did I find some other way to get out of the situation? Whatever, no time to think about that right now.

Right now I have to make sure Rem and Crusch will stay safe.

Cylob: "So it was Subaru... If that's the case then allow me to make sure you're safe Crusch-sama." I turn to Rem. "You too Rem-san."

Rem: "What do you mean by that?" She says while being on guard.

Cylob: "If Subaru said to wake me up, then that means that I have a role to play. And that role is protecting you two."

Crusch: "...Why are you so sure about that?" She narrowed her eyes at me.

Cylob: "Subaru has extreme insight, so I'm sure he knows that the only thing I can do is guarantee your safety."