Forgotten Hope For The Past, Present And Future

...

...

...

I slowly start to open my eyes. My hair is in the way of my vision so I get it out of the way.

I don't know this ceiling.

I just had to make that joke, ya know? Anyway.

I get up and notice that I'm in a carriage, I can feel the slight bumps, I can see the changing scenery in the window, and I can see the fact that there are other people like me in here that are still knocked out.

I wave my left arm in front of a face of a random one to gauge his reaction.

Heh. I was the first one to wak-

Then everything shatters.

The arm that I was waving gets destroyed from the elbow down, my legs from the knees down, the multiple bodies on the floor get cut up in a multitude ways, the whole carriage gets cut into so many pieces that calling them innumerable would be an understatement.

I can feel something flowing on my face, as my Thought Acceleration turns on and I try to process what happened.

...

But I can't.

I fall to the ground and touch my face with my only remaining shaking hand. And when I look at it as I remove it from my face.

BLOOD.

Then I remember the cut up bodies that were in the carriage with me.

I want to throw up, but my body won't allow it.

Blood?

I want to scream, but I know that that'll just alert the enemies.

Blood.

I want to cry, but no tears come out.

...

Death.

As the concept that someone has died right in front of me seeps into my mind, my whole body starts shaking and my mind even forgets about the pain I'm supposed to be feeling.

D...Death? Someone... Died? So close to me? N-no way... right?

I stop moving and feeling entirely, as the realization hit me.

I... falied...

I only wanted to do one thing and I failed.

Even after that cool self-improving speech that I gave myself, I'm still nothing.

All I wanted to do, was change one thing. Just one.

And yet I still failed.

it's not like I can fix this either.

With so much of my body and mana missing I'm completely useless in battle, so buying enough time for Crusch and Rem to run away is impossible.

I wanted to consume them and keep them in my stomach so that they wouldn't have to encounter the Archbishops, but it's too late for that.

Everything I've done is useless.

There's no way to turn back time and fix the mistake I made.

...

...

...

Wait...