A Normal Day

"Agh."

I get knocked to the ground.

Wilhelm: "You're getting impatient again. Calm down or you won't learn the way of the sword."

Cylob: "I know, I know. It's just..." I scratch my head. "I've never had to work so hard for something before."

Guess it's just like Misumi Makoto said: "It's better to experience failure early on". I haven't experienced failure anywhere so now I'm getting impatient. 

I fully lay down on the ground.

Cylob: "The question is: do I continue trying right now or do I take a break? I'm impatient, but how do I get rid of it? Will continuing training make me more impatient or will taking a break make me more impatient? Which one is it?"

Wilhelm: "You should do what you feel is best." He looks at me with a reassuring gaze.

Cylob: "Do what I feel is best... Then I'll go for a walk. Get my feelings in order and all."

I stand up and Predator the dirt on my clothes.

Cylob: "Thanks for teaching me once again, Wil-san."

I extend my hand out to Wilhelm.

Wilhelm: "No. Thank you for letting me teach you."

He shakes it.

This has become our sign for ending the lesson, so as soon as we stop shaking hands I immediately start walking away.

.▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓▒▓.

Some footsteps that were getting closer and closer could be heard.

Crusch: "How is he?"

Wilhelm: "His progress is slow, but it's steady and is gaining momentum."

Crusch: "That's good."

Wilhelm: "The problem is: he seems to have something that he doesn't use."

Crusch: "What do you mean by that?" She raises her eyebrow.

Wilhelm: "I've seen his eyes wonder multiple times during battle, almost as if considering different possibilities in which he could proceed in."

Crusch: "But that's completely normal, isn't it?"

Wilhelm: "True, but his eyes wonder too much. I've also heard him mumble "if only I could" multiple times."

Crusch: "...Then why doesn't he use it?"

Wilhelm: "He doesn't seem to want to destroy the environment around him. If we go to a patch of grass that nobody cares about, I'm sure he would use his full capabilities."

Crusch: "I see..." She descends into thought.

Wilhelm: "...I would like to see a battle between you two."

Crusch is extremely surprised at that statement as her eyes widen.

Crusch: "Do you think he's on my level already?" She says doubtfully.

Wilhelm: "No." He shakes his head. "But letting him fight against somebody other than me is going to be good experience for him. And I'm sure his fighting style wouldn't disappoint you either. You will learn something from the fight too."

Crusch: "I see..." She puts on another thinking expression. "...It could be arranged."

A small smile appears on her face as she looks straight at Wilhelm.

Crusch: "Let me see how good the one who caught the interest of the Sword Demon is."

Wilhelm smiles back.