Expectations

What I do everyday hasn't really changed since going on that date.

My mindset hasn't changed either.

Nothing changed.

...

Then why... do I feel so bored?

I felt bored. Bored beyond belief.

Previously I could just keep training and I wasn't really thinking that it was boring, but... now I couldn't ignore that fact.

Doing nothing but training all day is stupidly boring.

Nevertheless, I still trained all day, every day.

I couldn't let simple boredom stop me from making sure that others don't get hurt because of my incompetence.

So I kept swinging my sword, training my abilities and beating up some thugs if they were unlucky.

I kept that up, and I wasn't stopping.

Day after day after day after day...

.▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒.

I wish we could have another date.

I stop myself mid-swing at the thought that I just had.

I couldn't believe it.

I knew I enjoyed the date, but... really? I disliked my normal activities that much?

No. Stop thinking like that. Momentary pleasure is nothing compared to someone's life.

With that thought I kept swinging.

.▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒░▒.

Caroline no longer tries to take care of me as much.

She seems to have taken my advice and is now spending more of that time on herself.

I was pleased when I first realized this. I didn't want to waste her time after all.

She still sometimes brings me food or tries to talk to me, but as always, I just do nothing and say nothing.

If I keep ignoring her, she will move on, right? And eventually she will start hating me. That way, she won't even think about spending her time on me. She will hate me so much that she will stop associating with me at all. And that's exactly what I want.

The less people care about me - the better.

It was as I was having that thought that a voice that I didn't expect at all reached my ears.

"Faring well?"

I haven't heard that voice in a while, but I immediately recognized who it was.

Cylob: "Why are you here Crusch-sama?"

I didn't look at her. I didn't want to look at her.

Crusch: "I just thought it was about time we had a talk."

Cylob: "What kind?" I keep swinging my sword.

Crusch: "..."

Even though I couldn't see it, I could feel her eyes staring right into my soul.