The Sheriff and The Lunch Date

Grian's pov:

He moved out of the way and let us in. We both sat in seats next to each other as The sheriff sat in his. "So, how can I help you two today? What do you need from the sheriff?" Hotguy started explaining what had happened but I got distracted. In the corner of the room sat a small plush of Jimmy. "You have merch?" I said, pointing to it. He turned to see what I was pointing at before sighing. "No, my friend's friend made it and gave it to me as a joke. He pinched the bridge of his nose. It was clear he didn't like it but he didn't have the heart to throw it out. I smirked. "Is it because of how small you are?" he glared at me. Oh right, he wasn't used to my playful banter from Cuteguy. I looked down, slightly embarrassed. "Sorry." He shook his head following with a sigh. "It's fine, you remind me of my cousin" he stated, rolling his eyes. I couldn't help but laugh as nerves struck me.

He cleared his throat, breaking the silence and taking away the confused look Hotguy had been giving me. "I'll put an investigation on hold and start investigating the armored soldiers." A sudden guilt pinned me in the chest. "Forgive me if this is confidential but what was the investigation on" he looked up from his desk slightly confused. "Oh, We were searching for a missing person. Her name's cleo" my eyes widened. "A-as in cleo zombie?!" His eyes seemed just as shocked as mine. "Yes, do you know her?" I nodded. "I knew her growing up... if it's not too much to ask, since you're putting off this case can I take it?" he hesitated. "I don't know. I don't usually pass on cases for personal reasons." panic coursed through my mind. "please! I promise I'll take care of it. You can trust me to stay professional." he seemed to be deep in thought, conflicted.
Hotguy stood up. "please sheriff, Cuteguy is one of the best people to fight side by side with. I trust my life with him so please trust hers with him." His face carried a sense of determination that was almost intimidating. Taken aback by the sudden movement, Jimmy was pulled out of his thoughts. "I suppose I could make an exception this one time but Cuteguy... I'm trusting you not to mess this up." A smile spread across my face. I stood up and bowed down. "Thank you! I promise I'll take care of it." He stood up and bowed as well. And with that he gave me the papers on cleo and me and Hotguy left. Once we stepped out I grabbed his wrist and stopped him. "Thank you for that... It means a lot to me." He smiled and pulled me into a hug. "Of course! That's what friends are for'' I smiled at the thought. Us being friends was nice. My smile quickly faded as I realized lock down wouldn't be held for much longer. "Shit! I have to go. I have something to do!"

He seemed confused before something hit him as well. "Crap, me too! See you tonight birdy!" I left and flew back into my classroom, quickly changing back into my normal clothes and letting my wings return to normal. I stuffed my costume into my bag and headed back to Scar's classroom. I needed to make sure he and his class were safe. When I got there I saw his whole class but not him. "Kids? Where's Mr.Goodtimes?!" A student stepped forward. "He left me in charge, my names lizzie. He said he would return soon." She had long pink hair with an axolotl clip. She wore the uniform with a blue hoodie tied around her waist. She was significantly taller than the other students and me. She was probably about 6ft tall and had a soft blue skin with gills fanning out the side of her head. I nodded, the anxiety toning down a bit.

"Evacuate to the bus loop. And call your parents if you need to. Schools ending early and there won't be school tomorrow. Have a good day kids." I left to go looking for Scar. Thoughts crept up from the back of my mind but I forced them down, the mere thoughts threatening to bring tears. "Scar!? Scar!?" In a reply I heard the rolling of wheels on the hard tile floor. I instantly recognized it. "Scar!" I rushed over to him as fast as I could when he came past the corner. My eyes flickered to various parts of his body scanning for any injuries till they eventually met his own eyes. "Are you okay?!" My panicked state stole a chuckle from him. "I'm fine. I'm sorry I made you worry" he said in a slightly flirtatious tone but I brushed it off as a wave of relief passed through me. "Oh thank the void you're okay, the kids are on an early release and I'll call Cub to come pick you up"
Scar held up a hand. "Wait, you're still up for the lunch date?" I felt a flutter in my stomach as he mentioned the small lunch we had planned to have. I almost forgot about it due to all the chaos. A smile crept on my face. "Of course." he smiled as well and after being released we headed to a nearby Cafe. Helping him get out of his wheelchair and onto the chair was a breeze. Trying to fold his wheelchair up however, was a different story. Once I finally folded it up I sat down myself and called a waiter. She had long brown hair with faded pink tips and a small flower crown.. "What can I get for you today sir?" I looked at Scar and raised an eyebrow. As if he understood what I was thinking he nodded. "Just two waters to start off" She nodded before disappearing into the kitchen. Scar spoke up. "She seems nice" I frowned. "She looks tired... I've seen her here almost everyday walking home. Poor girl. She looks to be barely 16..." this took away Scar's smile.

"Then we'll just have to give her a good tip." I smiled. Scar was such a sweet person. Once I realized I was staring I tore my eyes away from him and looked over the menu. My gaze fell on "cupid's batter." It seemed interesting enough. I'd have to ask her when she came back. She came back and set the two waters on the table. "Are you two ready to order?" I nodded. "If you don't mind, what's 'cupid's batter'?" She smiled. "That's our Valentine's special. It's a strawberry shortcake pancake with homemade whipped cream" that sounded amazing. "I'd like yo try that then." She nodded and wrote on her notepad before turning to Scar. "I'll have the same" She smiled and added a mark next to the order from before. I turned my attention back to Scar once she left. "I almost forgot about Valentine's day," I admitted truthfully. Scar smirked. "Got a valentine yet?" He joked. I rolled my eyes. "Haha, very funny." He shook his head. "I'm not kidding. I'm sure there's plenty of girls that'd wanna be your valentine." This received a laugh. "That wouldn't be any help either." He raised an eyebrow. "I'm gay Scar." His eyes widened. "Really, I was convinced you were straight." I frowned.

"Scar, what part of me says 'straight'?" I gestured to myself. I quite literally looked like the teacher kids would theorize was gay. He hesitated. "Don't laugh, but I thought it was normal for British people to give 'gay vibes''" he said, air quotes around gay vibes. I took a deep breath to suppress a laugh. Before I could respond the waiter came back. She set down the two plates and a bowl of chocolate covered strawberries. I looked at her confused. "I don't think we ordered any sides." She chuckled and shook her head. "It's an on the house addition for couples." My eyes widened as a bright red flushed my cheeks. "I-we- we are not a couple! We're just friends." She seemed as shocked as us. She bowed repeatedly, apologizing. "I'm so sorry! I shouldn't have assumed!" Scar shook his hand. "It's okay, I guess I really should stop calling them lunch dates''. He joked. She disappeared back Into the kitchen. I forced my eyes downward and ate my food, too afraid to look up at Scar. I was afraid my flushed face would give me away.

Once the heat left my face I stole a glance at him. He was finishing his food and looking out the window. He let out a sigh causing me to raise my eyebrow. "What's wrong?" he shook his head. "No, it's stupid." I frowned. "I'm sure it's not." he tore his gaze from the outside and placed it on me. "I just miss... being free. Being stuck in this wheelchair makes me feel trapped. I felt bad. No one deserved to have to go through this, especially Scar. but then an idea popped into my head. I called over the waiter and paid for our food, giving her a $50 tip. Scar seemed shocked and confused as I picked him up bridal style. His face flushed a bright red as his arms clung around my neck. "Grian?! What are you doing?!" I smiled down at him and stepped out of the cafe.

"Do you trust me?"